Manager, Hedging Advisory and Derivative Execution, Open to flexible working
Manager, Hedging Advisory and Derivative Execution (Treasury Advisory Team), Financial Advisory
Deloitte’s Corporate Finance - Treasury Advisory team works with a wide range of companies and is especially focused on businesses that are restructuring or refinancing their debt, or that are going through an overall financial restructuring. We also work closely with companies owned by private equity funds in bolstering their treasury operations.
We provide deep financial and treasury experience in financial products and markets, risk management, and treasury best practice activities. We focus equally on the delivery of efficient and effective treasury operations and infrastructure, including technology.
Part of this team is the Hedging Advisory and Derivative Execution team, which provides expertise on Currency and Interest Rate risks. We help clients to quantify their financial risks, define appropriate risk management priorities and objectives, structure suitable hedging strategies, and optimise the derivatives execution process to achieve efficiency and savings.
We work with a wide range of public and private companies and with Private Equity sponsors: we typically get involved in the context of an M&A transaction or in debt issuance/refinancing events, and when there is the need to review and optimise operational hedging programmes.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
As a Manager within the Hedging Advisory and Derivative Execution team you will have the opportunity to help expand a business focused on serving Corporate Treasuries and Private Equity sponsors with their most complex financial risk management challenges.
As an integral member of the group, you will focus on project delivery, increasing our pipeline of opportunities, whilst also providing input into our continuing development of thought leadership, marketing, proposition development and the ongoing establishment of our market-leading position.
We are focused on ensuring that your client portfolio meets your experience, personality and career aspirations, enabling you to deliver the highest possible standard of work and providing the flexibility to create a career path that matches your expectations. Strong communication and client management skills are key elements to this role as you will be advising senior personnel on a day-to-day basis.
A Manager in this team can expect the following responsibilities:
- Supporting Corporates and Private Equity funds in defining appropriate Interest Rate and Currency risk profiles and assessing suitable hedging alternatives.
- Advising clients in the derivative execution process: setting up appropriate transaction structure and execution protocol, preparing bank counterparties, negotiating fair levels of charges/spreads and driving efficiency in the execution.
- Delivering Financial Risk Management projects, including quantitative Value-at-Risk analysis, and assisting companies with the implementation of the operational aspects of the hedging programmes.
- Being involved with business development activities, including identifying opportunities and preparing and presenting pitches to clients.
- Taking ownership of new client onboarding processes and managing internal controls.
Our team is part of Corporate Finance Advisory which provides a range of complementary advisory services to a wide range of companies. You will work closely with our experts in the debt advisory team, and have the opportunity to work alongside our restructuring and transaction services colleagues.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
To be considered, you will ideally possess some or all of the following attributes;
- Derivatives experience, either in an audit capacity or execution experience gained within the treasury department of a large corporate, in a risk management advisory firm or in a bank (derivatives sales / structuring roles);
- Knowledge of derivatives pricing and structuring; and of quantitative risk analysis techniques, such as Value at Risk, is a bonus but not essential;
- Experience in financial risk topics such as interest rate, FX, Inflation or commodity markets, ideally with project delivery experience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with clients and other professionals across the firm;
- Critical mindset, with a natural desire and ability to ask probing questions and get to the bottom of challenges;
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to write structured reports that explain complex matters in a logical and easy to understand manner to non-Treasury professionals;
- Open mindset to do a wide range of work as required to help a growing and busy team expand;
- Desire to work in an advisory consulting environment and build a business and a career in professional services.
Above all though, we want your enthusiasm, energy and imagination to contribute to the team and what it can achieve.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application