Commercial Finance Business Partner, On Trade, Open to flexible working
The Commercial Finance BP (CFA) supports the Commercial Finance Manager in carrying out performance management, pricing and investment analysis as well as providing miscellaneous decision support to the On-Trade commercial teams, which will ultimately maximise Net Sales Value and Commercial Contribution for the channels.
Dimensions of the role
The On Trade Channel is strategically important to the GB business, representing the key showcase for our brands within the market. We have a number of key strategic partnerships with customers who we work with to increase consumer perception of our brands in the trade.
The channel acts as a springboard for new innovation, as well as a way to drive serve knowledge of our brands through the trade and our consumer base.
This is our most complex channel in terms of routes to market with both direct and indirect sales and invoicing across a number of differing business models. These relationships are ever changing and are especially challenging in the current economic climate.
It is a diverse channel in terms of customer base, with customers ranging from family run businesses to full Plcs and they can vary from food led to high tempo venues.
Great Business Performance:
Drive great performance conversations that establish actions to maximise delivery. Look for workable solutions that are simple to implement. Have clarity around what are the key priorities. Be able to influence key decision makers.
Due to the complexity of the channel, you will need to think innovatively around barriers. You will need to identify ways to make things happen and have the energy and know how to implement.
This includes ensuring our new finance reporting system is fit for purpose.
Create the conditions for people to succeed:
Displays effective interpersonal skills – builds and maintains great working relationships with colleagues. Sets and communicates clear standards and expectations.
Grow yourself and others:
Is able to engage and energise people around the finance agenda. Is enthusiastic – wants to make an impact. Is able to stay positive and overcome setbacks. Is able to explain financial information clearly and concisely to non-financial people.
Always acts with integrity. Focuses on what’s important. Seeks feedback and acts upon it.
Purpose of Role
Supporting the OT CFM in delivering best practice business partnering to the commercial teams.
Top 3-5 accountabilities
- Drive understanding and focus on performance within the Customer Teams to meet and go beyond delivery of annual targets.
- Accountability for great basics in the OTC process and strong cash performance.
- Use of insightful analysis to identify business opportunities for the business unit (e.g. Variance Analysis, Investment Efficiency Analysis, Trend Analysis)
- Presentation of these to the team and subsequently motivating the team around delivering against these.
- Support the strategic planning and forecasting processes.
Improving finance capability throughout Commercial Teams
- Development and presentation of financial tools, techniques and information that aid and improve the day to day decisions.
- Providing the “What ifs” around data and information provided by the BPM Team.
- A desire to seek learning opportunities to enhance commercial understanding is essential in performance of the above objectives.
New projects will materialise from time to time that will require leadership from the CFBP. Examples include the roll out of new trade terms to customers, improvement of cash process, enhancement of forecasting accuracy.
Qualifications and experience required
- Advanced excel skills (and ideally SAP)
- Ability to build excellent relationship and influencing skills
- Strong understanding of accounting processes and standards - accountant qualification is desirable
- Demonstrates commercial mindset - previous commercial experience extremely desirable
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to deal with ambiguity and complexity.
- Lack of influencing and business partnering skills
- Lack of energy and appetite to drive process improvements in the channel