Senior Consultant, Data Scientist (Pred/Opt), Analytics & Cognitive - Flexible working, homeworking
Senior Consultant, Data Scientist (Pred/Opt), Analytics & Cognitive, Consulting, London
Take your career to the next level by joining one of the world's best and most recognised professional services firms.
Within Deloitte's Analytics and Cognitive service offering, we imagine, deliver and run innovative solutions to help our clients solve complex challenges and maximize the value of their data.
The Revenue Growth team specifically focusses on the Consumer Goods market. We are looking for candidates at all levels of experience with an interest in Revenue Growth Management to join us, working in fast-paced teams with other highly talented, fun and motivated colleagues.
As part of the delivery team, you will focus on the implementation of large-scale analytics projects and work with exceptional advisory and product teams who are developing ground breaking Revenue Growth Management propositions.
You will be part of the following wider group within our Consulting portfolio offerings:
Strategy, Analytics and M&A
How do you make intelligent, future-proof decisions in a world where change is the one constant? That's exactly what you'll help our clients to do. You'll build trusted relationships with business stakeholders - and use the most exciting new technologies available - to create data-driven programmes that transform their organisations. Your advice will help clients position their organisations to succeed in an ever-evolving marketplace.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will have experience within Predictive and/or Optimisation analytics. You will combine both technical and business knowledge in order to uncover the answers to major questions that help organizations make objective/predictive decisions.
We're looking for people who are future leaders and bring out the best in others, are brilliant listeners and can grow business without compromising standards, integrity or culture.
Your role will focus on providing expertise in the delivery of a technical product solution. You'll have responsibilities to:
- Develop complex machine learning and predictive processes via notebooks (Python/R)
- Set data requirements for predictive modelling and liaise with the data engineer to ensure all the data is captured for statistical analysis.
- Perform statistical analysis using predictive modelling techniques
- Design and configure optimisation models
- Scale complex notebooks
- Design dashboards to showcase statistical results
- Explain complex statistical techniques in understandable terms and justify methods
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Your home office will be London, but this role provides lots of opportunity for remote working and travel in the UK and overseas (where possible)
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. The role will be worked on a full-time basis. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
We are looking for candidates with technical and business focused skills, who can articulate the outcomes and value of their work, and have experience across the following:
- Experience with data scripting languages (e.g. SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
- Experience in producing models and analytics for business applications
- Breadth of experience in standard machine-learning and statistical modelling tools and techniques (e.g. random forests, gradient-boosted regression, LASSO, logistic regression)
- Experience in programming in R, Python, Scala or similar languages and maintaining code repositories in git
- Strong quantitative modelling, statistical analysis skills and problem-solving skills.
- Experience collaborating with software development teams, other data scientists, business intelligence or other technical roles
- Excellent communication including direct correspondence with senior leadership
- Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic environment
- Experience with Azure (Databricks)
- Experience with data visualization and presentation, turning complex analysis into insight
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients relies on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem-solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application