Senior Consultant, Azure Data Solution Architect - Flexible working, homeworking
Senior Consultant, Azure Data Solution Architect, Data, Analytics & Cognitive, London
Take your career to the next level by joining one of the world's best and most recognised professional services firms.
Within Deloitte's Analytics and Cognitive service offering, we imagine, deliver and run innovative solutions to help our clients solve complex challenges and maximize the value of their data.
The Revenue Growth team specifically focusses on the Consumer Goods market.
We are looking for candidates at all levels of experience with an interest in Revenue Growth Management to join us, working in fast-paced teams with other highly talented, fun and motivated colleagues.
As part of the delivery team, you will focus on the implementation of large-scale analytics projects and work with exceptional advisory and product teams who are developing ground breaking Revenue Growth Management propositions.
You will be part of the following wider group within our Consulting portfolio offerings:
Strategy, Analytics and M&A
How do you make intelligent, future-proof decisions in a world where change is the one constant? That's exactly what you'll help our clients to do. You'll build trusted relationships with business stakeholders - and use the most exciting new technologies available - to create data-driven programmes that transform their organisations. Your advice will help clients position their organisations to succeed in an ever-evolving marketplace.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
A solutions architect is responsible for translating the vision for the project to the development team and plays a pivotal part throughout the entire systems development lifecycle. They are also involved in future updates to the solution. We are specifically looking for candidates with both technical and business focused skills, who can articulate the outcomes and value of their work, and have fundamental experience across some of the following:
- Design the overall technical architecture for the product and be responsible for the quality implementation of that architecture.
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognized for their contribution
- Work directly with client stakeholders to assess the as-is solution and suggest an efficient to-be solution based on Azure IaaS and PaaS components
- Assist in the development of our market leading analytics and cognitive offerings, help produce proposal documents to showcase our capabilities, and contribute to the development of our thriving Data & Analytics Modernisation community
- Contribute to client project delivery by owning one or more workstream(s) and ensuring commercially successful conclusion of the client engagements
- Designing, architecting and implementing an end-to-end next-gen Azure Data Solution for our clients for their data and analytics needs
- Designing an enterprise data lake to cater to a client's data storage needs for structured and unstructured data, to enable analytics across global clients. Further work with and assist our clients to modernize their data warehouse to achieve scalable analytic solutions.
- Developing a real-time data solution using streaming ingestion and deliver real time analytics, to help our clients respond to customer behaviour as it happens
- Cleansing and transformation of data using Azure Databricks analytics platform.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel. Due to the unprecedented circumstances of the ongoing pandemic any individual applying for this role has the option to work remotely within the guidelines of Deloitte's remote working policies.
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. The role will be worked on a full-time basis. Our team strives to work in an agile setting and despite having to meet strict project deadlines we try to accommodate personal circumstances outside of work as best we can.
Your professional experience
We are looking for an experienced individual who can consistently demonstrate that they have grade-specific and career-path-specific (Enterprise & Solution Architecture) experience that makes you eligible for the role. Please note that you are not expected to have expertise in all the points listed below.
- Must have Python, Scala, C++ or Java development experience and experience to deploying workloads to production.
- Must have either one of the following:
- Azure Developer Associate, or
- Azure Data Engineer Associate, or
- Azure Solution Architect Expert, or
- Similar certification
- Provide subject matter expertise and hands on delivery of data capture, curation, and consumption pipelines on Azure using native and Hadoop based services.
- Ability to conduct a full technical assessment of existing platform as-is architecture and identify the to-be landscape
- Build Azure data solution and provide perspective on storage options and compute engine options; e.g. SSIS Vs Spark, SQL Server Vs Blob Store, etc.
- Architecting data lake and data warehouse solutions on Azure using ADLS, SQL Server, SQL, Azure Analytics Service, KeyVault and other Azure services.
- Designing highly performant, scalable and re-usable data ingestion and transformation pipelines across Azure components and services such as Azure HDInsight, Databricks, and Azure Data Factory.
- Data ingestion, data engineering and/or data curation using native Azure services or tools available in Azure Marketplace. (Databricks, Snowflake, or similar)
- Designing Test approach and QA framework for development.
- Experience bringing teams together as a work stream lead.
- Ability to demonstrate stakeholder management skills and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application