Project Coordinator - South, Open to flexible working
Working as a valued member of UK Assurance, you will interface regularly with EY engagement team members and external client personnel at all levels of seniority. We are looking for someone who has the autonomy to become a trusted member of the team and will be expected to make independent decisions, exercise sound judgment and discretion, take ownership of processes, coordinating with geographically dispersed stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities
You will spend most of your time dedicated to engagement administration and non-technical project coordination. You will provide day to day support to audit teams, their activities and service delivery of audit engagements, including both financial analysis & general administration.
Skills and attributes for success
- Prepare supporting analysis for fee billings, monitoring and conducting credit collection
- Take the lead on budget setting analysis, challenge work in progress, summarise costs against budget and highlight any variances to the account team members
- Act as a point of contact for clients, dealing with non-technical coordination queries and proactively build ongoing relationships
- Play a key role in the project management of the audit cycle through diary management and maintaining audit timetables and staffing
- Understand the importance of Risk to support audit teams to complete client acceptance procedures
- Prepare and distribute material for meetings, facilitate discussion, take and distribute minutes and follow up on actions
- Work closely with EYs overseas GDS (Global Delivery Service) team, delegating routine admin tasks - supervise and monitor the work of the GDS function maintaining overall responsibility for task completion
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A keen desire to learn, preferably with experience in a professional services environment
- Have an understanding of account management with proven project management skills
- Ability to multitask and deal with a wide and varied workload and during key busy periods, be able to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining high standards of work
- Numeracy skills and the ability to learn and understand calculation of financial measures
- Ability to plan & manage own workload with minimal direction and complete projects on an accurate and timely basis. Managing multiple ongoing and ad-hoc projects with the ability to prioritise is essential
- Strong communication skills, specifically questioning, challenging and confidence to approach stakeholders of all seniority
- High level of competency in MS Office with advanced level MS Excel
- Strong customer service focus and ability to anticipate team / client requirements
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience of tracking actual costs against budget on a project and an understanding of financial measures
- Experience of reporting directly to senior stakeholders on a project
- Be educated to 'A' Levels standard and/or further education qualification e.g. HND/degree qualified - preferred although not essential
What we look for:
You will be a confident self-starter who is passionate about the opportunity to work for a large global business. You will need willingness to learn new systems and processes but be able to challenge and improve processes where appropriate. We need you to be adaptable and able to interact effectively with all levels from Senior Partners to First Year trainees, as well as senior stakeholders at our clients.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.