Senior Manager, General Insurance Actuarial, Open to flexible working
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are a market leading actuarial consultancy within the London and Bermuda market, with an unrivalled coverage of speciality insurance insights.
We have a diversified portfolio of actuarial and insurance work, with opportunities for everyone to get involved in these. While we have a stable base as the market leader in claims insights and trends, our growth has come from expansion into new areas such as expanding our Retail footprint, London market pricing, business strategy and steering, transactions, and transformation work
We are growing our team in response to client demand and to support opportunities for the wider EY Insurance and Consulting businesses.
We place a great focus on our people and offer a great opportunity to learn and develop in a collaborative environment
EY is looking for an experienced senior manager to help expand the pricing transformation capability within our actuarial practice. You will be working mainly on multi-disciplinary pricing transformation projects across the London / Lloyd’s / commercial lines insurance markets, in addition to other reserving, analytics and capital / risk projects.
Our London-Market non-life actuarial practice is market leading and works closely with multidisciplinary EY technology teams and external vendors to transform our clients’ systems and processes.
Leveraging modern pricing and policy management platforms, we transform our clients’ underwriting and pricing functions, using our experience in AI-based data ingestion, advanced analytics and data visualisation to provide them with more immediate insights into their business and emerging trends.
In response to increased demand within the market, we are expanding our team.
There is also the opportunity to get involved in reserving, capital and transactions engagements – again working with in the London / Lloyd’s / commercial lines insurance markets.
You will have access to a wide range of opportunities to support your growth and develop your wider business knowledge, and to nurture internal and external relationships across disciplines and borders.
We have a culture of innovation and we encourage the team to challenge status quo, you will have the opportunity to be part of our journey to improve the way we deliver to clients.
Your key responsibilities
Joining our team as an actuarial senior manager leading on pricing transformation, your key objectives will be to:
- Lead the actuarial aspects of pricing-focused client transformation projects, including integrations with policy administration platforms and other systems
- Develop stronger partnerships with key pricing platform vendors
- Liaise with EY technology teams, and other service areas, to help develop initiatives around the future of underwriting and pricing
- Expand EY’s footprint through go-to-market activities, leading and supporting selling of pricing-focused jobs
- Manage the expansion of our baseline modelling and technical delivery capability for pricing platforms
- Be the main point of contact on projects for clients and other software vendors / insure techs.
- Work with other members of the team to develop the underwriting and pricing transformation proposition and win new projects.
- Develop people through effectively coaching, mentoring and managing more junior staff;
- Lead discussions with client contacts and help to manage expectations of delivery, content, timescales and cost;
- Present to clients at senior executive and board levels and facilitate discussions to identify opportunities for improvement;
- Collaborate on projects as a topic / subject matter specialist (where appropriate);
- Lead and support development of intellectual property to support sales-oriented client interaction;
- Lead client proposals; and
- Play a role in how the team operates and develops - such as feedback, counselling, finance, recruitment, learning and development.
Skills and attributes for success
- A strong quality ethic, and ability to transfer knowledge and good practice.
- Dynamic capability, working with a variety of stakeholders and viewpoints.
- An ability to manage clients’ expectations in relation to deliverables.
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- Strong levels of organisation.
- A real desire to work as part of a team, and to be part of a people centric community.
- Identifies risk on the assignment, involving the Partner appropriately in its resolution.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Have a strong academic record, including a degree;
- Have experience of working in a general insurance transformation environment, either within a consultancy and/or an insurer
- Have process improvement / process design skills;
- Be a strong communicator and presenter;
- Have an enthusiastic and proactive attitude to your work;
- Have experience of preparing slide decks and reports for senior stakeholders;
- Have MI / Reporting experience and knowledge of reporting dashboards and experience in analysing business performance;
- Be a problem solver; tailoring what you have learnt from your experiences to date to different problems to help design and implement the solution.
What we are looking for
We are looking for candidates who are excited about helping Insurance companies improve the way they operate - whether this is through transformation of processes, or through transactions and regulatory change.
You’ll thrive on being a numerate, rationale thinker with a passion for this field and have a very strong attention to detail.
Being a strong team player is important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly on different clients and different engagements.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!