Senior Development Manager - Circa £50k (open to flexible working)
Location - Wimbledon, South West London
Type - Up to 10 months maternity cover
Hours - 35 hours per week, happy to talk flexible working
Salary - Circa £50,000
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 145,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
The CIPD Community Investment team have an opportunity for a Senior Development Manager to join, covering a period of maternity leave. You will lead on defining and driving forward the strategic direction of the CIPD’s volunteer mentoring programmes, to build an attractive membership proposition; support member engagement and increase the impact of volunteer HR professionals in communities. You will develop new external partnerships (charitable; public and private sector) that support these aims and lead and develop a high performing team. As part of senior management team of the department, you will help develop future propositions that support the aims of the Member, Branch and Community Engagement (MBCE) team and the CIPD. You will seek to understand and ensure the programmes and the work of the wider MBCE team supports the CIPD strategic direction. You will be a visible and credible ambassador for the MBCE team and the CIPD and act as a spokesperson for the CIPD’s volunteer mentoring programmes.
- Design and deliver on the future strategy and direction of the CIPD’s volunteer mentoring programmes, including Steps Ahead (where CIPD members mentor jobseekers (18-24; parent & carer returners and 50+)); Member to Member mentoring and other relevant projects and programmes, to help increase the impact and profile of volunteer HR professionals in communities and support member engagement
- Act as a key member of the Member, Branch and Community Engagement (MBCE) senior management team, providing support to the CIPD’s Head of MBCE, to help shape the team’s strategic direction and define key activities that will support this
- Provide strategic direction and oversight on the development and management of new and existing external partnerships
- Oversee and be accountable for the successful operational delivery of the CIPD’s volunteer mentoring programmes and other relevant projects and programmes.
- Lead and develop a cohesive team to ensure they are high performing and deliver all aspects of their responsibilities to a high standard
- Work with the Branch & Volunteer Development Manager and other CIPD teams to capitalise on the CIPD’s branches network
- Ensure the successful implementation and delivery of ongoing and high quality quantitative and qualitative evaluation processes for relevant projects and programmes.
Knowledge, skills & experience
- A proactive self-starter with demonstrable experience of designing strategies and building communities of volunteers at local and national level.
- Proven experience of managing and delivering large scale volunteer programmes
- Able to work with stakeholders at a senior level, including funders and strategic external partners
- Proven experience of developing and managing external partnerships will be essential, including managing external stakeholders to deliver on project or programme aims and deliverables
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively, including across organisational departments
- Line management experience and evidence of managing a team will be essential
- A proven track record in Account and Project management, including experience of managing budgets, financial reporting and tracking project delivery
- Knowledge of using online systems including CRM systems such as Salesforce to support the management of large scale volunteer programmes
- Personable and empathetic to the aims of the CIPD’s volunteer mentoring programmes
- Insight into the funding landscape (public as well as Foundations) and experience of writing successful bids would be an advantage.
As part of your application, please submit your CV and a cover letter detailing how your knowledge and experience to fulfill the job criteria.
There has never been a more interesting or important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, free two-course lunch and flexible working hours.
The CIPD define diversity as valuing everyone as an individual – we value all our employees, customers and clients as people. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised and organisational and personal goals are met. We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.