Lawyer - Consumer Finance (MF&L), Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
This is a great opportunity to join a friendly and dedicated, value adding legal team, who work hand in hand with the business to build the best customer outcomes!
Our vision in Consumer Finance Legal is to “Protect, Influence, Empower”. Our team align with the aims of the business in demonstrating the Groups’ capabilities to deepen customer relationships. Redefining ways of working to deliver a leading customer experience. We are specialists in identifying and managing legal risk, but we go further and add value with our commercial and business acumen, as well as ensuring our customers receive fair and consistent treatment.
At Lloyds Banking Group, this is a great opportunity to join a friendly and dedicated, value adding legal team, who work hand in hand with the business to build the best customer outcomes!
Our vision in Consumer Finance Legal is to "Protect, Influence, Empower". Our team align with the aims of the business in demonstrating the Groups' capabilities to deepen customer relationships. Redefining ways of working to deliver a leading customer experience. We are specialists in identifying and managing legal risk, but we go further and add value with our commercial and business acumen, as well as ensuring our customers receive fair and consistent treatment.
What you'll be doing...
- Actively collaborate with the team.
- Responsibility for the provision of high quality commercial advice and support to relevant partners within Consumer Finance, with a focus on the needs of the Motor Finance and Leasing division (predominantly Black Horse and Lex Autolease).
- Providing advice on a wide range of commercial agreements including JV/Co-operation agreements, direct and indirect arrangements with Motor manufacturers and wholesale stocking agreements. Also, dealer rates and terms, fleet finance and management agreements, master hire/lease agreements, ancillary motor products and services, salary sacrifice agreements and standard supplier arrangements. GDPR and data knowledge and understanding is important. Equally significant is the ability to advise on a range of Consumer Credit Act regulated and non-regulated customer agreements - hire purchase, contract hire, credit sale, short term hire. The role requires an understanding of the regulatory impacts of the end to end customer journeys from on-boarding through to servicing and beyond. In that way you're making a real difference to a customer's experience! In addition the role will require the ability to advise on new business models and products, CCA matters, data and general legal risk management.
- Working in partnership with other Group, Divisional and Business Units, in particular Group Transformation, Finance, Risk, CCOR and Operations to deliver commercial and customer focused solutions.
- Deliver Legal technical input to influence projects with a significant impact across the Group or a number of Business divisions.
- Ensuring that legal developments (statutory or otherwise), risks and appropriate training needs relevant to the areas of accountability are being addressed and appropriately raised, reported and shared.
- Understanding and building an effective Legal risk management framework for the Consumer Finance business.
- Help deliver the engagement model between Legal and the Consumer Finance business.
- Working collaboratively with lawyers across the Legal Community to provide joined up legal support for any litigation, contentious regulatory, competition and commercial contracts issues to Consumer Finance.
- Call out and report legal or governance issues within own / supported area, recommending solutions when required.
- As the Consumer Finance Legal team has now expanded and supports the Consumer Cards and Unsecured Personal Loans business, you'll have the opportunity to develop expertise in supporting cards and loans products, including terms & conditions reviews.
What we're looking for from you...
- Typically, you'll be a qualified solicitor with practical experience.
- Have similar expertise gained through very substantial experience of working in a legal or company secretariat function.
- Could also have acquired a legal qualification via the Legal Executive Diploma in Law and Practice, with significant experience in a legal function.
- Able to deputise for senior colleagues.
Want to hear more?
You'll be offered a competitive package which includes...
- a generous pension contribution and
- Flex cash to spend on a host of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both professionally and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel welcomed and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible!