Senior Consultant/Manager, Transport Specialist - Flexible working, homeworking
- Contract Type
Senior Consultant/Manager, Transport Specialist - Strategy, Analytics & M&A, Consulting, London
We are looking for individuals with strong, demonstrable experience in the transport sector (rail and/or road transport specifically), possessing a strong level of strategy and analytics knowledge from a proven track record of delivery and proven ability to deliver the types of responsibilities listed below - as well as possessing strong team working skills and the ability to lead a given workstream within large scale strategic and technical project delivery.
With Deloitte, you will receive best in class training and development, work alongside industry experts and high calibre teams, with exposure to high profile projects across the UK and international market. We’re a team who are passionate about delivering excellent results for our clients, which is enabled by a strong culture of collaboration and continuous capability development of our own practice. We are seeking an experienced individual to join our team to help lead transport strategy and analytics delivery engagements, as well as support the capability development and commercial growth of our practice.
Strategy, Analytics and M&A
How do you make intelligent, future-proof decisions in a world where change is the one constant? That's exactly what you'll help our clients to do. You'll build trusted relationships with senior industry stakeholders - and use the most exciting new technologies available - to create data-driven programmes that transform their organisations. Your advice will help clients position their organisations to succeed in an ever-evolving environment.
The role will involve working on the delivery of large transformation programme within the transport sector, with the ultimate goal of supporting our clients to unlock value from data, focusing on:
- Working with transport clients to develop coherent and structured analytics strategies which address their business challenges and sets out roadmaps for the delivery of continued value through analytics
- Developing and implementing an effective analytics organisation, including developing target operating models, planning and executing transitioning to the target state
- Leading the transition from the strategic phase of analytics projects into delivery, including overall programme/project management of the delivery of analytics roadmaps, helping clients move from concept to reality
- Leading teams of data scientists, data visualisation developers, data engineers and data architects to execute analytics pilots and create solutions which drive value, using agile analytics methodologies
- Embedding the key change management and communication concepts and considerations for successful implementation of an analytics projects
- Facilitate workshops and training for both transport clients and colleagues to gather business requirements, shape prototypes, and upskill those around you in Analytics practices
- Clearly and confidently articulating the value and benefits analytics can bring to clients
- Building strong working relationships with clients, which are long lasting
- Developing thought leadership in this space, leading on go-to-market offerings and bids
- Ensuring the capability development of your teams and colleagues, supporting the talent agenda of the firm
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based in a Deloitte London office (or other office nationwide), however travel will be required for client projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully.
Work pattern: This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Your professional experience
At Deloitte, your colleagues and clients will set the bar high. Therefore, we require more than just a good CV showing strong performance and good academic credentials. We are looking for people who enjoy addressing complex problems in an analytical manner, with a proven record for effective delivery in a project environment, and a keen interest and proven track record in life sciences and healthcare.
To qualify for the role you will have
- Good understanding of the key industry and market drivers within transport, and good commercial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging and varied environment
- Experience performing assessments of current state analytics, BI and MI capabilities with a deep understanding of analytics/ reporting capabilities (both technical and business)
- Experience of creating and defining an analytics vision and Target Operating Model (TOM) design
- Experience of TOM implementation including hiring analytics teams and developing capabilities
- Experience of building delivery roadmaps and prioritising business projects
- Experience of managing large scale strategic and technical project delivery, including leading the execution of analytics projects, with a team of mixed business and technical skills
Additional desirable experience and qualifications include:
- Lab and workshop facilitation
- Experience delivering organisational and business change
- Process design experience
- Experience delivering design thinking and prototyping methodologies
- ITIL Certified
- Agile Certified Scrum Master
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? it's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what We're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application