Customer Activation Exec, Open to flexible working
Diageo was created in 1997 but its business is built on the principles and foundations laid years before by giants of the industry – Arthur Guinness, John Walker, Elizabeth Cumming and many more. Today, Diageo is a world class leader in beverage alcohol, producing an outstanding collection of over 200 brands and owning the top two largest spirit brands in the world, Johnnie Walker and Smirnoff and 20 of the world’s top 100 spirit brands. Its portfolio also includes Crown Royal, J&B, Buchanan’s and Windsor Whiskies, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Diageo has built a strong platform for growth – through investment in its own brands, and by acquisition to broaden the geographical footprint and category depth and range. The company’s strong local business units are well-positioned to win in increasingly competitive and fast-paced environments. Diageo’s portfolio is well-diversified across price-tiers, enabling it to participate where consumer opportunity is greatest, and to capture shifts in consumer preference.
Diageo's culture is built and maintained by the five values that underpin its business and guide how Diageo works. At Diageo, employees are passionate about its customers and consumers and want to be the best. They give each other the freedom to succeed and value each other. Employees work hard so they can be proud of what they do and how they do it. While Diageo moves at pace, constantly evolving and improving, its values remain consistent. Diageo wants that employees live these values every day, everywhere so that Diageo can be proud of what they do and be the best that they can be.
Diageo invest significantly in direct-to-consumer brand building, but we must partner with our customers to influence the point of purchase activation, therefore this is where a significant proportion of our A&P investment sits. Most shoppers and consumers buy from a repertoire of brands and their behaviour can be easily influenced by what they see or don’t see at the point of purchase. It is the role of the Customer Activation team to work closely with our sales team to understand the needs of shoppers and customers and then collaborate with the shopper marketing team to create the programmes and tools that guarantee amazing execution of our brands at the point of purchase. The Customer Activation team will then work directly with customers, supply and agencies to project manage perfect execution of the commercial calendar. In some cases, this will inform tailoring and adapting our programmes and tools to meet the specific needs of strategically important customers to enable them to differentiate their offer.
As a Customer Activation Executive, you will sit right at the heart of business supporting & working as business partners with our sales teams to ensure they have all the insight, growth drivers & tools they need to deliver brilliant execution of Diageo’s commercial plan to shift consumer & shopper behaviour to achieve Diageo’s financial and market share ambition.
This role has direct responsibility for all activation within your on-trade customer & brand alignment.
- To build and execute best in class activation plans for our key brands & customers. Step changing customer collaboration.
- To project manage the implementation of all the key platforms & activations within your customer alignment
- To be the activation lead from a GB On-Trade & customer lens for your brand alignment.
- Effective and agile A&P management
- Sustainable and effective POS management across your sub-channel and brands, ensuring customer commitment/nominations are secured within agreed lead times.
- To conduct activity M&E to ensure we are constantly improving our plans.
- Agency management
Diageo Leadership Standards
Win through Execution
- Sets and pursues direction without guidance and takes a wide view of their accountabilities
- High energy and ambition to achieve successful outcomes and high standards
- Balances analysis and execution and adjusts thinking in the face of new information
- Actively spots opportunities or issues and identifies which are urgent and important
- Generates a range of workable solutions, decides what should be done and takes action
Shape the Future
- Sees the big picture and possibility from multiple angles and through a creative lens
- Frames issues in a way that creates clarity and incorporates others' best thinking
- Accurately digests large amounts of information and breaks down complex problems thoroughly
- Challenges themselves and others to take on new or unfamiliar tasks and ways of working
Inspire through Purpose
- Finds broader meaning in their work and aspires to make a significant difference
- Reads their environment and understands how culture and context influences people's perspectives
- Is actively aware of the impact they have on others and tunes in to the needs of individuals around them
- Communicates in a compelling, persuasive and impactful way
- Draws on a variety of influencing styles to engage different audiences
Invest in Talent
- Displays confidence in their ability to meet challenges and succeed
- Maintains belief and optimism and bounces back quickly from setbacks or failures
- Demonstrates a realistic and thoughtful awareness of their own capabilities
- Proactively seeks feedback and development for growth and takes action
Ideal experiences / Qualifications /capabilities
- Internal or external experience as Sales or Marketing Executive equivalent
- Project Management, Analytical and core selling skills
- Time management & prioritisation skills
- Can build powerful relationships and work collaboratively within a team
- Problem solver & solution-based team player who can deal with ambiguity & adapt quickly
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything