Hopscotch New Business and Marketing Manager, part time 3 days per week with some homeworking
To effectively and efficiently manage the agency’s new business strategy, generating new business opportunities, and support with Hopscotch’s ongoing marketing activity.
- Part-time – 3 days/week
- Includes minimum 1 day office based – offices in SE1
- Working days flexible
- Salary – Up to £40K FTE
In new business
- You are the gate keeper of all tender portals, flag opportunities that appear to fit our criteria and take an active role in sourcing and developing content for the responses. Managing key dates and being all over the detail of what’s required and when is essential to this.
- You are responsible for the majority of prospecting activity and managing the agency new business database. This includes contacting targets (primarily via email) against the new business plan and bringing in the appropriate team when meetings are secured.
- You create and circulate the weekly new business status and attend key agency new business meetings to update on current and upcoming opportunities.
- Feed into the new business strategy by proposing which sectors and industries we should be targeting and research interesting ways in
- When a tender/pitch is in, you ensure the project team are clear on requirements and deadlines. You ensure learnings are shared from tenders/pitches, whatever the outcome, by making sure evaluations are completed. Although you won’t work on all pitches, where time allows, and for appropriate opportunities, you may sometimes take on a support role.
- As we are in a competitive market, you make it your business to know who else is in it and how they relate to us by regularly reading the marketing press and sharing any insights.
In marketing Hopscotch
- You take responsibility for liaising with account teams to keep creds and case studies up to date; overseeing the process to ensure we’re always presenting our product in the best way possible
- You work collaboratively with the internal agency comms and marketing team to support with managing our website, social media channels and blogs. Making sure these fit with the new business strategy and plans.
- Support with the delivery of our agency events including managing the invite list, the successful delivery of the event itself, and any follow up materials.
As a team member
- Your proactivity, energy and enthusiasm, as well as can-do attitude is key, in this more than in any other role
- You will support, lead, cajole and at times insist that things get done
Skills and competencies
- Project management skills - a multitasker and natural problem solver with the ability to think on your feet. Proactive, highly organised and deadline driven with an ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Written skills - Excellent grammar and spelling, with an obsessive eye for detail when originating work and proof reading
- Communication skills - excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator
- Research and analysis: know who we are in comparison to our competitors, and know the market in which we operate. This is less about research and more about a genuine desire to know everything.
- Computer skills: good standard in all Office programmes, great standard in PowerPoint
- Professional development: a keen interest in your own development and a proactive approach to building skills and knowledge you think will be useful in your role.
To submit your application, please send your CV and cover letter via the application method below.
We are keen to fill this role asap and will review applications as they come in, so please do apply as soon as you can if you are interested in being considered.
Closing Date: Friday 15th October 2021.
Hopscotch Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to recruit the person most suited to the job and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and from different sectors, and from people who've gained their skills outside formal employment.
- Hopscotch is the leading social impact agency delivering change through Education. We create integrated and insightful education, marketing and behaviour change campaigns that drive reputation, create social impact and deliver purpose for organisations.
- Our award- winning social purpose campaigns reach, engage and inspire young people, their families and communities. For our clients, we build their reputation, deliver social impact and educational excellence and work with them to transform the lives of young people.
- Our corporate clients include Barclays, Shell and Bupa, as well as government departments and not-for-profit organisations including the Department for Education, Met Office and Sport England.
- Hopscotch has an amazing culture with a fun, friendly and ambitious team who are passionate about what they do. In return for your hard work you’ll get the opportunity to work with great people, for an agency that is winning new work and at the top of their game. You’ll get a good package with a work life balance, great social team, staff away days, and fab office. All this plus an opportunity to work on high profile clients, with an amazing and talented team.