Financial Controller, part time 3 days per week
Skill Capital is specialist headhunting & advisory company serving the global private equity industry.
Skill Capital was founded in the late 1990s, backed by Soros Private Equity Partners (aka Towerbrook). The firm exclusively serves private capital investors around topics ranging from management team search to deal development and proprietary deal sourcing from our global network. Our teams cover the Telecom Media and Technology, Industrials, Business Services, Consumer-internet, and Healthcare markets.
Our firm runs three core service lines:
- Executive Search: Recruiting board-level management teams for PE-backed portfolio companies.
- Strategic Advisory: We support private equity investors to evaluate deals & prepare their bids.
- Deal origination: Sourcing proprietary deal ideas via our CEO networks.
We are now looking for an experienced qualified Financial Controller to join our team on a part time basis, three days a week (we are flexible as to how those hours are split). This is an exciting opportunity to play an instrumental role in an entrepreneurial and innovative environment, working for a trusted & respected brand in the private equity market. This role is at the group board level and covers operations in UK, USA, France, and Germany, including all group companies, partnerships, and related foreign exchange currency management. The role will report into the COO and have exposure to the CEO and Board.
Oversee all company financial matters, accounts, and investments including:
- Month-end close
- Year-end close
- Audit filing
- Tax filing
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, including Cashflow Statement, Income Statement, P&L, Balance Sheet, KPIs, business reporting using Tableau
- Regulatory filing
- Contract negotiations
- General ledger
- Cash flow management
- Reporting to the Board
- All financial transactions
- Cost optimization
- Productivity and utilization data
- Financial analysis and planning
- Plans, projections, and contingency plans related to the financial state of the firm, incl. management of fiscal instruments
- Inventory accounting
- Cost accounting
- Revenue recognition
- Relationship management of key stakeholders, incl. Board, staff, financial institutions, auditors, bankers, client representatives and others.
The ideal candidate will have good post-graduate, post-accreditation accounting experience in a professional services, management consulting, financial services, or executive search environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university (or equivalent).
- ACCA accreditation (or equivalent).
- Fluent knowledge of GAAP standards.
- Experience running financial operations across Europe. Experience with operations in North America is advantageous but not essential.
- Experience working in FCA-accredited institutions.
- Proven track record of successful management of a wide range of financial matters in a fast-moving start-up-like environment with lots of ambiguity.
- Solid numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong communicator
- Ability to shift easily between strategic and tactical problem solving.
- Solid leadership and management ability.
- Good business acumen.
Ideal competencies include:
- Audit and assurance
- Corporate and business reporting
- Financial management
- Governance, risk and control
- Leadership and management
- Management accounting
- Strategy and innovation.
- High IQ, a natural relationship-builder.
- Displays drive for personal and professional excellence.
- Independent and highly collaborative.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter, thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Capacity for creative problem-solving.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
Skill Capital is very supportive of flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss family friendly options.
We work with best-in-class management teams and world-renowned private equity investors in pursuit of entrepreneurial opportunities. Our niche is finding and assessing board-level management teams for portfolio companies, facilitating proprietary people-driven insights in qualitative due diligence on upcoming deals, and working with executives and founders to raise private capital.
Skill Capital is firmly committed to creating and nurturing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where our unique differences come together to drive innovation and creativity.
#Begin building a relationship with us