Commercial Legal Counsel - Part time 3 days per week, with some homeworking
We are working with our client, a hugely successful beauty brand, to recruit a Commercial Legal Counsel to support the business with contract management. This is a varied and interesting role that will involve drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, licences and agreements, as well as supporting the small legal team in a variety of commercial, legal and compliance matters.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of contract reviews and the contractual review process.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating numerous commercial contracts.
- Providing ad hoc legal advice to the wider business on different legal matters.
- Assisting the legal department to create and maintain legal policies and procedures and providing support and advice on other legal matter such as, data privacy, competition, anti-bribery and corruption laws, when required.
- Reviewing and assessing risk/legal implications of relevant company activities, making recommendations for change.
- Keeping up to date with legislative changes through various channels, e.g. CPD training and online resources
- You are a qualified lawyer with appropriate postgraduate legal qualification.
- You have experience of working as an in-house counsel, ideally within the consumer goods sector. Experience of the beauty sector would be a distinct advantage.
- You are experienced in drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, licenses and agreements.
- You possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a commercial / business outlook.
- You are an effective communicator of legal advice in order to provide constructive and practical commercial solutions that are legally compliant, and which assist the delivery of business strategy and commercial and corporate objectives.
- You enjoy working both autonomously and part of a small team, adapting to the needs of the business.
Flexibility: 3 days per week, office based at least 2 days per week (ideally Tuesday and Thursday)
Location: South London
Salary: circa £80k FTE