Head of IT - Creative Studio (Film, TV, Gaming)
3 days left
- Contract Type
Head of IT, film, TV, gaming, flexible, London
Our client is a young, successful creative media studio. They have created this new role of Head of IT role as a result of business growth, to manage their technology platform and computer systems.
The Head of IT will be responsible for the overall strategy, development, design, security, implementation and maintenance of the IT infrastructure of the company as well as the day-to-day functioning of the various systems across departments.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 10 years’ experience in IT with significant knowledge of managing a team and budget.
- At least 3-5 years experience in the Film, TV production or Computer Gaming industry experience and be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the production process. Animation or VFX (Visual Effects) experience will be highly valued.
- Experience in delivering technology solutions and managing technical processes to seamlessly support the creative process of making films/TV programmes/games.
- A proven track record in IT management and awareness of existing and developing technologies and how they can be applied.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and have had experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems
- A friendly, personable and have a ‘can do’ attitude – the happiness of the team is paramount for great creative work so you must have strong people skills with great communication and negotiation skills
- An excellent ability to prioritise and take on any task, large or small
- Familiarity with:
o Mainstream office software
o Windows, Mac, Linux networks
o Content management platforms
o Network, servers, storage, hosting and telephony
o Data security, governance, compliance and disaster recovery
o Cyber security and how to manage safety online
o Shotgun, Maya, Adobe CC, Avid, Flix and other production software
o Scripting in various languages (Perl, Python and Bash)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Set the strategy, policies and budget for the IT infrastructure and architecture as the studio evolves and expands
- Set effective processes to drive and maximize efficiency to enable a technologically trouble free creative process.
- Be aware of and analyze the requirements of all departments to determine their technological needs. Continuously liaise with production teams to ensure they are fully supported and able to deliver on time and as efficiently as possible.
- Define the roadmap for the company’s software, servers, data platforms, business systems and interfaces to ensure optimum performance and efficiency.
- Develop evaluate and manage relationships with key vendors and create cost efficient contracts. Ensure all vendors are contracted. Regularly seek out competitive quotes and ensure best value.
- Manage all software licenses and expiry/renewal dates
- Ensure all security standards are adhered to and implement best practice
- Design and put in to practice disaster recovery, back up plans and data archiving
- Work with the Head of Pipeline and Tools and the Tools Design Team in implementing custom toolsets and processes
- Design and oversee implementation of data sharing and transfer processes between the company and its commercial partners
- In association with the CFO, budget and schedule IT resources, control the budget and regularly report on expenditure to the CFO and CEO.
- Upon approval, implement company IT strategy and ensure it remains within company approved budget.
- Communicate and drive ideas and culture
- To be responsible for the hiring and managing of staff within the department and supporting their professional development.
- Direct and prioritize the work load of the IT team (currently 2 people - Systems Administrator and IT Assistant)
Salary: £80-90K basic salary plus benefits including health insurance & bonus
Flexibility: This is a full time role Mon-Fri, but flexible working is available
(Due to the nature of the film industry, candidates need to offer flexibility too and occasionally will need to work during evenings and weekends)