Assistant Director, Valuations, Financial Advisory - Flexible working, homeworking
4 days left
- Contract Type
Join our high performing Valuations team, a market leader in providing valuation advice and opinions to clients ranging from technology start-ups to global blue-chip corporates to professional investors.
We will provide you with the opportunity to expand your career by becoming a commercial and technical adviser on critical value related matters and build deep industry and sector expertise.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Our valuations team
Our Valuations team, which is part of Deloitte Advisory Corporate Finance, advises on high profile assignments that have significant impact on, or are of high importance to our clients.
We advise on the valuation of a broad range of subjects, including businesses, debt and financial instruments across the capital spectrum, different types of assets, joint ventures and intellectual property.
Every year, we advise over 100 clients in all industries in both the private and public sectors including multinationals, governments, corporates, financial institutions, private equity, family owned businesses and entrepreneurs.
Clients seek our world-class valuation advice and independent valuations, typically in situations where there is, or could be, a material value impact, including:
- M&A transactions and capital raising;
- Strategic decisions, including joint ventures and strategic partnership agreements;
- Fund / portfolio investments;
- Disputes, arbitration and mediation;
- Intra-group restructuring and tax valuations;
- Financial reporting; and
- Incentive schemes.
Deloitte is an equal opportunities employer that understands, values and actively advocates diversity and inclusion.
Our team of valuation professionals come from diverse backgrounds and industries to bring together skills and experiences to deliver market leading insights, client service and advice. Our business has grown very rapidly over the last few years with a continued steep grow trajectory to meet a significantly increasing client and market demand. We are therefore looking to recruit experienced Assistant Directors who are driven, ambitious and emerging leaders to join our team.
Your work will be interesting, challenging and varied and will offer you great opportunities to develop your commercial, financial analytical and valuation advisory skills, as well gaining rewarding client engagement experience.
Deloitte encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you, please do discuss with us.
Our Valuations team works seamlessly with colleagues across Deloitte, both in the UK and internationally. Other teams that we work closely with include M&A Advisory, Transaction Services, Audit, Modelling, Tax and Forensics to deliver end-to-end client service and solutions.
As an Assistant Director within our high-performing and fast-paced team you will play an integral part in advising our clients on value related matters.
You will be expected to:
- Develop and apply technical and commercial insights in a valuation context;
- Manage and execute valuation engagements;
- Effectively manage, develop and coach more junior team members;
- Apply financial analytical knowledge and experience to important client issues;
- Develop, review and interpret analysis and present clearly articulated, considered and insightful conclusions;
- Develop effective relationships with clients and internal Deloitte stakeholders;
- Actively pursue new revenue and business development opportunities; and
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture.
Professional skills, experience and attributes
Your professional skills, experience and attributes should include:
- Valuation experience;
- Consulting experience within a professional services environment (e.g. Big 4, top tier valuation team or a corporate development team);
- Significant experience of performing complex analyses as well as interpreting and presenting conclusions in a concise and clear manner;
- Project management and project organisation, including working across several projects simultaneously, effectively prioritising and delegating tasks;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Team building, project management, multi-tasking and delegation skills;
- Proactive and willing to own and take responsibility for project delivery;
- Involvement in business development activity and relationships; and
- Exceptional financial analytical skills with proficiently in Excel.
What we offer
- Excellent career and development prospects;
- Access to high quality clients within a dynamic and professional environment;
- Rewarding work with an attractive work-life balance;
- A great team environment with strong networking, referral and collaboration across different teams within Deloitte;
- Cutting-edge learning, development and a clear pathway to specialism;
- Competitive remuneration package, including discretionary annual bonus;
- Attractive benefits, including leave entitlement; and
- Flexible working options (per below).
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
You will be based in our London office. The role may also involve travel and will require flexibility at times to meet peaks of work inherent in our client engagements.
At Deloitte we measure our impact by the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to implement suitable formal and informal working arrangement to create positive outcomes for our people and our clients. For example, working from home days are available and flexible depending on clients, deadlines, and projects.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application