GB eCommerce Manager B2B, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
Diageo was created in 1997 but its business is built on the principles and foundations laid years before by giants of the industry – Arthur Guinness, John Walker, Elizabeth Cumming and many more. Today, Diageo is a world class leader in beverage alcohol, producing an outstanding collection of over 200 brands and owning the top two largest spirit brands in the world, Johnnie Walker and Smirnoff and 20 of the world’s top 100 spirit brands. Its portfolio also includes Crown Royal, J&B, Buchanan’s and Windsor Whiskies, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Diageo has built a strong platform for growth – through investment in its own brands, and by acquisition to broaden the geographical footprint and category depth and range. The company’s strong local business units are well-positioned to win in increasingly competitive and fast-paced environments. Diageo’s portfolio is well-diversified across price-tiers, enabling it to participate where consumer opportunity is greatest, and to capture shifts in consumer preference.
Diageo's culture is built and maintained by the five values that underpin its business and guide how Diageo works. At Diageo, employees are passionate about its customers and consumers and want to be the best. They give each other the freedom to succeed and value each other. Employees work hard so they can be proud of what they do and how they do it. While Diageo moves at pace, constantly evolving and improving, its values remain consistent. Diageo wants that employees live these values every day, everywhere so that Diageo can be proud of what they do and be the best that they can be.
eCommerce has been a significant growth channel for Diageo across Europe. Whilst eCommerce represents less than 10% of our P&L, the growth in eCommerce LY was equivalent to over 75% of the overall growth in Europe. This channel is all about capturing the shopper shift to online shopping and driving incremental growth for Diageo through the execution of unique eCommerce activiations.
To win we must be mastery in combing and using Digital Marketing skills, Digital Commercial skills, data and analytics to identify insights and execute unique digital programs/activations. You must be a forward thinker who is able to live in ambiguity and develop game winning strategies. You need to be innovative and curious around the possibilities that Digital uniquely offers.
Leads the development of digitising Pub/Managed retail and the associated commercial relationships Deliver incremental sustainable growth for Diageo through Digital Channels. Smash AOP plans YOY. Deliver Online Market Share ahead of Offline Market Share. Jointly own the Digital Marketing/initiatives and .com Pub/Managed Retail business strategy and lead the organisation to develop and execute the right growth strategies. Ensure we develop a Digital capable On Trade organisation comprising the use of social media/yext and other tools that can be executed to the benefit of the on-trade. Be at the forefront of our organisational learning in this area, make & then test the effectiveness of boldest new plans Ensure that MyDiageo sits at the heart of on-trade Pub relationship development
- Commercial acumen – you are a commercial expert, tenacious in the pursuit of creating sustainable value. You have managed customers with P&L accountability, negotiated JBPs and helped lead Top 2 Top conversations. You have a record of delivering brilliant execution.
- eCommerce – You are a day-to-day digital native and while you may not yet have experience managing online customers you are obsessively curious and passionate about this area keeping up with trends, competitor activity & discovering the success platforms of the future. Experience in Digital Marketing is beneficial.
- Analytical skills – you can synthesise and analyse data, generating meaningful insights and recommendations
- Agility to work in a fast moving, matrix organisation and the ability to build brilliant relationships to deliver amazing outcomes.
- Agitator, you challenge the norms both internally and externally to drive cultural and performance breakthroughs
- Relentless in the pursuit of growth – you have fire in the belly and roadblocks are challenges you relish and overcome with ease
- Do whatever it takes to deliver the right outcomes, taking people on the journey with you
- Effective communicator, driving simplicity
- Famous for making it happen – your words translate into action & results delivering visible impact
- Able to build strong networks & relationships, holding the tension as required both internally and externally.
- Passionate about this agenda, acting as a catalyst to those around you
- Agile and adaptive-which is key to success in this fast moving environment.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything