Operational Restructuring, Working Capital-Manager - Part time, Flexible Contracts
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
- Part time or annualised days contracts
This role can be offered on an annualised days contract. This means you would be on a permanent contract whilst working a certain number of days over the whole year. The expectation of when these days will be worked is flexible
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
Our Business Restructuring Services (BRS) practice is the largest restructuring practice in the UK operating from 23 offices. We offer restructuring situational skills with functional expertise (business planning, cost reduction, cash and change management) and industry experience to our clients, helping them develop sustainable solutions.
About the Team
Our specialist Working Capital team sits within our broader Operational Restructuring team. We work closely with our clients to develop sustainable solutions to free up cash from our client’s balance sheets. Our skills and knowledge are applied and gradually transferred to improve working capital management, leaving clients with sustainable performance improvement.
About the role
As a Manager within the Working Capital team you will work with cross-functional stakeholders across many different Industries. You will be responsible for the assessment of current performance and leading change and transformation efforts. You will lead specific work-streams of projects and manage operational client stakeholders on a day to day basis.
You will focus mainly on working capital improvement areas matching your previous experience and expertise, including
- Review the operational and financial performance of Inventory, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Understand key business processes, procurement and supply chain, and operational working capital challenges
- Financial analysis of opportunities for working capital reduction, within context of commercial requirements of the business
- Assessment of operational and management teams within an organisation, identifying skill gaps and training needs
- Working alongside management teams to implement and support project plans
- Hands-on implementation of improved working capital processes
- Leading the operational project delivery to drive cash generation from working capital
Essential skills and experience
- Previous experience in Supply Chain and Procurement roles, or Working capital consulting experience in the UK or continental Europe
- Experience in engagements to improve supply chain management, procurement, buying, inventory reduction or general working capital optimisation
- Good end-to-end understanding of flows of goods and services, information and money and how different functions cooperate internally and externally
- Sound financial analysis skills
- Strong commercial awareness and business analysis skills
- Proficiency in analytics and visualisation tools, such as Alteryx, Tableau or Power BI (is beneficial but not necessary)
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable communicating with all levels
- Proven project and client management skills
- Ability to lead and motivate others, where required in the role
- Other European languages beneficial (but not necessary)
Whilst under current COVID-19 restrictions, the way in which we are working with clients has changed. We are primarily working remotely (with a small number of our team working from client sites) and as a team are working in line with the firm’s and government's policies. As changes are made to the firm and national policies, it is anticipated that our working practices will continue to evolve and return to close working with our clients.
With an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible and hybrid working requirements where appropriate and have many successful arrangements currently in place. You’ll also be joining a team who welcomes your outlook and knowledge, whilst developing your skill set further within one of the world’s leading professional organisations.
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.