Operations Director, 4-5 days per week, with some homeworking
5 days left
- Contract Type
An exciting opportunity to work for a progressive communications agency within the art, design, architecture, food and travel industry.
The Operations Director will play a core role within the direction and positive functioning of the company, both in a strategic and day-to-day capacity. This role ensures the smooth operational running of the company, covering key areas including:
- Company Strategy
- Capacity Planning & Resourcing
- Contracts & Legal
- Office Management
- Admin Support for the Team
- Marketing & PR Operational Support
Top line strategy is set in consultation with the two company Directors and with their external business consultant; the role of the Operations Director is to understand, analyse and then implement that strategy on behalf of the company Directors, ensuring they are regularly briefed, informed and consulted. The company works with an excellent longstanding freelance bookkeeper, an external legal counsel, external IT support firm and a part time EA for the Directors, all of whom will be available for the Operations Director to consult.
The Operations Director also plays a crucial role in managing the team from an HR perspective: including pastoral, contractual, planning and resourcing aspects. Office Management – including IT – is also part of the role.
The company is at an important and exciting moment as it currently experiences a significant increase in business, a rebrand of their identity and website and a nascent international expansion. This role plays such a crucial part of how the company functions and has enormous potential to develop as the company grows.
Desired Experience and Skills
- At least five years’ similar experience, preferably working in PR, marketing or advertising, and preferably at agency.
- Extremely strong organisational skills.
- Ability to see and understand the bigger picture.
- Desire to get involved at a company-wide level.
- Ability to take instruction but also to think independently and to volunteer ideas and suggestions.
- An ability to be strategic, creative, extremely well organised and commercially minded at the same time.
- Excellent people and social skills.
Flexibility: 4 or 5 days per week
Location: East London / Remote
Salary: £50K - £60K FTE