Senior Manager - Operational Risk - open to flexible working
5 days left
- Contract Type
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are looking to expand our Non-Financial team within our Financial Services Risk Consulting practice. You will contribute to the delivery of high profile and complex risk engagements across a wide range of financial services clients. Working closely with colleagues across our EMEIA practice in multidisciplinary engagements, you will help our clients transform and evolve their risk strategy in areas such as Operational Risk framework enhancement, Risk Technology transformation, Operational Resilience, emerging risk identification, , risk governance and operating model enhancement
EY’s Non-Financial Risk Consulting team helps Capital Markets clients grow, whilst enhancing their risk frameworks, reducing business risk and building resilient financial institutions. We support high profile and business critical projects across the industry, covering a range of topics such as Operational Resilience, risk management enhancement, implementing regulatory change (e.g. Brexit, CSDR, Resilience), emerging risk identification and controls remediation.
This role offers you the opportunity to be at the forefront of shaping our clients’ operational risk and resiliency strategies, frameworks and functions of the future, and growing EY’s Risk Consulting business. Against a backdrop of unprecedented change in the global environment and an ever-expanding range of risk types you will find yourself working to answer the big questions that our clients have as they look to define risk strategies that deliver better risk outcomes, to become more profitable (via new revenue streams or increased efficiency) and contribute to a better working world today and tomorrow.
Your key responsibilities
Your contribution will play a significant part in helping our clients deliver successful results covering a range of risk projects. These can be driven by internal business demands or in response to the regulatory agenda. You will work to support clients through the full life cycle of delivery from review and assessment through to target state design and implementation. You will build a deep understanding of how financial services firms work, knowledge across risk types and the challenges facing todays senior leaders at our clients, becoming a trusted business advisor.
There are multiple aspects to the role:
- Engagement delivery; roles vary by engagement, but are likely to include business analysis, solution architecture, target operating model design, Risk Profiling (e.g. next generation Risk and Control Assessment), dynamic risk reporting, implementation management and project management.
- People leadership; building and leading high performing teams, coaching, mentoring and serving as a role model for our people.
- Business development; developing long term trusted advisor relationships with our clients, shaping propositions and commercial proposals.
- Product management/ownership; serving as the risk and technical lead on one or more of our technology assets.
- Brand and market eminence; being a visible leader in the capital markets community, speaking at conferences, authoring thought leadership, participating in multi-client industry round tables.
Skills and attributes for success
You will bring a passion for delivering an exceptional client service experience. You have a collaborative mind-set and an ability to lead teams, ideally in a project environment. You will be outcome focused, but also intellectually curious with a creative approach to problem solving. You have excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills and a track record of building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders. You bring strong analytical skills and are confident in tackling new topics.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience of working with risk management and governance frameworks and/or strategic planning with an understanding of the practical challenges facing firms
- Working knowledge of applicable regulatory frameworks
- Deep knowledge of Investment Banking products & processes, with experience of working across different functions within banking institutions
- A broad understanding of risk management across banking organisations, including a strong understanding of Operational Risk frameworks, gained in Risk & Control roles, Operational Risk teams, regulators or Consultancy
- A demonstrable track record of delivery within complex and time pressured environments
- Experience of managing large teams, day-to-day leadership of change projects/client engagements, senior stakeholder management and relationship building
- Ability to successfully deliver projects/engagements, exceed client expectations, manage commercial aspects (e.g. contracts, billing and budgets), and manage quality and risk
- Ability to engage with senior stakeholders and be a leader of large cross functional projects
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying levels of experience
- Business Development experience and a track record of success in identifying and driving new revenue streams
- Knowledge and interest in emerging technology and how it can be used to deliver better risk outcomes
- A demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusiveness
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work under pressure
- Intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into workable solutions which can then be delivered
- A point of view on how the investment banking industry and risk management practices will continue to evolve
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Working knowledge of applicable regulatory frameworks (e.g. Resilience, FCA Handbook, CSDR) and a view on how these might evolve
- Experience with GRC systems, such as IBM OpenPages, ServiceNow, Archer etc
- Identifying opportunities for and helping secure new business, including leading proposals and bid teams
- A good range of influencing skills
- A constructive and action-oriented approach
- A self-starting attitude with the ability to think and act quickly
- Experience working in a client facing professional services environment
- SM & M: An ability to guide and coach team members to help them develop their EY careers
- Experience of operating in a project-based environment
What we look for
We are seeking Capital Markets professionals, with good knowledge of Investment Banking processes and products, to join our growing team to build our business and support our clients build more resilient, efficient and profitable businesses.
We are looking for experienced professionals to lead engagement teams and drive new business, taking our insights and expertise into the Non-Financial Risk marketplace to drive revenue growth.
What we offer
We offer an attractive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.