Software Engineering, Open to flexible working
Are you a talented Software Engineer with experience building and operating distributed systems at scale in the cloud? We are looking to recruit new colleagues with software engineering skills across a range of locations and technical disciplines - from early career to highly experienced. If you have passion for your craft and want to help improve the everyday health of millions of people through new digital capabilities, products and customer experiences we’d love to hear from you. In return you will have the opportunity to work as part of a talented global team in a ‘product-centric’ organisation; embracing agile ways of working to deliver outcomes at pace. Come and help us build the future of Consumer Healthcare.
Our Structure and ways of working:
We embrace modern engineering practices; organising around the work to create multi-disciplined agile teams aligned to ‘Product Pillars’. You will be part of a product tribe and work alongside Software Engineers, Platform Engineers, Data Engineers and Security Engineers; working as one team to deliver shared outcomes against a product backlog. We passionately believe in developing talent and personal growth through stretch development goals and mobility across different product areas. This ensures we continue to create an environment that supports continuous improvement and learning.
The responsibilities of the role include some of the following:
- Design, build and run distributed systems, optimised for performance and auto-scaling using Cloud-Ready/Native Patterns.
- Design and implement processes, practices and tools to enable CI/CD, maximising the speed and quality of software and system delivery and minimising unit costs across digital platforms.
- Modern distributed systems – develop target architectures for lightweight, service-orientated functions within an API centric environment.
- Proficiency with source management and version control.
- SDLC tooling Jira, Git/GitHub, Confluence, Blackduck, BitBucket, Jenkins etc.
- Modern release methodologies inc integrated test with secure by design principles applied (CI/CD).
What you will bring to the role:
Any combination of the below:
- IaaS and PaaS architypes for Cloud based solutions (Azure, GCP).
- Modern DevOps tooling such as Jnkins, TeamCity, ADO, Git/GitHub Actions (or similar).
- Build automation, release, deployment, and configuration activities.
- You may be automating in the cloud, be it IaaS, PaaS, and you will be comfortable with automation frameworks, and scripting languages.
- Experience as a front-end (web), back-end, mobile, or full stack software engineer.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Product and Customer centric – you love Tech but are deeply motivated by the opportunity to work with our Business colleagues to improve the everyday Health of our customers.
- A true collaborator, with an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of colleagues, customers and partners.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and build strong and effective multi-functional relationships.
- A relentless passion for learning and an ability to adapt to changing goals.
In GSK Consumer Healthcare, we are on an incredible journey as we prepare to create a new, standalone, world leading company with a 100% single-minded focus on everyday health. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. With the COVID pandemic, people are increasingly looking for ways to manage their own health and wellbeing and to take care of their families. This is where we come in. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we are uniquely placed to deliver better everyday health to millions of people around the world and grow a strong, successful business. This is an opportunity to be part of something special.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.