Senior Strategy Managers, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're motivated by a clear purpose - to Help Britain Prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Our businesses, services and brands span almost every aspect of banking, insurance and finance, including some of the biggest names on the UK's high streets. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first - and achieve our vision of becoming the best bank for customers.
Insurance & Wealth
Our Insurance and Wealth (I&W) division helps personal and business customers with their general insurance, protection, investment and retirement needs. We support around 10 million customers with assets under administration of £155 billion and annuity payments in retirement of over £1 billion every year.
The Strategy & Insight team's purpose is to enable I&W Executives and Senior Managers to make the right strategic choices. We collaborate and challenge across the Group, sharing diverse opinions and perspectives with senior leaders to recommend strategic decisions. You'll be joining an inclusive and collaborative team, working across the full breadth of the Insurance and Wealth division and playing a key role in shaping the direction of the business. This means you'll develop a deep understanding of the strategic landscape of the wider Group, and of the key drivers behind our business.
As a Senior Strategy Manager, you'll have the chance to work with many of the most senior colleagues in the Group, participating in discussions with high-profile decision makers at the forefront of I&W's vision. This role will also give you the opportunity to hone your strategic consulting and communication skills - so the most important thing to us is that you're motivated and keen to learn and develop.
Our team works our of our Edinburgh, Bristol and London hubs therefore we'll need you to be based a commutable distance from one of these areas. We work in a hybrid model, splitting our time between the office and working from home. Team members can be agile in their work preference.
How would our ideal Senior Strategy Manager help make this possible?
- Developing and recommending strategies in response to business opportunities or threats, including identifying the capabilities required to "win"
- Working collaboratively with influential senior leaders across the business, strategy, and wider Group, to conduct major divisional or business unit strategic reviews
- Research into competitor performance, strategy and business models
- Analysis of profitability, organisational structure, regulation, trends and forecasts in product markets and geographies,
To deliver in this role effectively, you'll need to demonstrate, or wish to develop (with the support of our team) the following skills:
- Strategic problem solving, including, problem structuring, generating hypotheses and reaching robust conclusions
- An analytical mind - specifically the ability to drive insight from complex and diverse information (e.g. financial results, broader business performance measurements, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, especially visually (e.g. through Powerpoint) and through "telling the story" using data to communicate complex messages in an accessible and compelling way
- Strong relationship-building skills, to form effective and influential relationships across a large and complex business
- A good understanding of the UK Insurance and Wealth markets
- Self-motivation, and the ability to work at pace without sacrificing quality. You'll also need to be highly organised
- Be comfortable listening to a wide range of diverse opinions and willing to stay open-minded in discussion before drawing conclusions
What will you get in return?
In addition to the salary quoted the position also offers:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Access to share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
This role provides the opportunity to develop personally, work flexibly and collaboratively with our brilliant team, to help transform our colleague experience and bring to life the Group's vision of being the Best Bank for Customers & colleagues. We'll consider all candidates who possess the key skills and the ability to learn, but some strategic consultancy or in house strategy team experience would be highly desirable.
We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation. We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Together we make it possible.