Training and Knowledge, Technical Trainer, 8 Month FTC, Open to flexibility
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
Training and Knowledge, Technical Trainer, 8 Month FTC, Open to flexibility
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
This is an opportunity to join a major professional services firm within a growing Training and Knowledge team which provides training content, delivery and admin support. You will work as part of our highly skilled Delivery Team delivering outstanding learning support to all our offices based within the UK and internationally.
You will be responsible for the delivery of training programmes for the firm using blended learning methods across a variety of packages, playing an integral part in our overall service delivery to clients. You will support the training on new technology as the function develops new services and tools to support more than 27,000 staff. Additionally, you will support technical projects and share knowledge across the team.
Your home office will be in London, with some opportunity for home working. Some travel will be required to deliver training sessions across our offices in the UK and North West Europe.
Within this role, you will typically work 8 hours between 7am and 7pm, dependent on schedule. We encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements, that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility, please do discuss with us.
As an Applications Specialist, you will:
- Deliver training between the hours of 7am and 7pm, providing a flexible service for our clients that meets the ever-changing needs and requirements of different Service Lines
- Deliver training that is engaging, clear and concise using a variety of platforms including e-learning, classroom, 1-1, online or a blended approach
- Maintain, develop and update own technical and other skills to ensure that delivery and content is on-point, using the latest available technology, and delivered to the high standard expected
- Work with colleagues in the Shared Services Organisation and Internal Client Services, as appropriate, to deliver training on a range of areas, including: Microsoft Office suite and other available software;
- Build effective working relationships across the Training and Knowledge team, and work with colleagues across other member firms to identify and support best practice/training initiatives throughout Deloitte North West Europe
- Actively contribute ideas for service improvement including new courses, client initiatives, innovations using the latest technologies and continuous improvement of documented processes
- Work with the Quality Assurance and Instructional Design Specialist and our key stakeholders to develop material which is on-brand, tracked for revisions and changes, maintained on our portal as well as supporting blended learning approaches and engaging training methodologies for delivery
- Manage time effectively to deliver within tight timeframes, as needed
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A solid knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- A customer-centric approach, with an ability to communicate clearly and professionally, orally and in writing, with colleagues at all levels, including the use of various multimedia and social media platforms to share knowledge and support best practice
- Demonstrable experience of relating software features to customers’ work environment, tasks, and objectives in an effective manner that leads to improved quality and productivity
- Experience in identifying and implementing, where appropriate, innovative tools and technology which support continual service improvement and quality within the team
- Flexibility in your approach and delivery, with an ability to translate business requirements through to successful implementation with demonstrable, measurable results
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative to resolve issues by anticipating, expecting and accommodating change, as needed
- A highly organised, methodical approach to working, with excellent attention to detail
You will have a working knowledge of delivering training across a range of systems, including:
- Billing and Time recording systems
- Skype for Business or equivalent
- Solid windows platform knowledge including XP, Windows 7
- MACs including their operating system OS X
- SharePoint 2003 or higher
- Mobile technologies
- Knowledge of Nuance and/or Adobe
- Experience of utilising SharePoint 2010 / 2016
- Experience of working across a range of industry sectors would be an advantage.
You are here: Internal Client Services
Internal Client Services (ICS) contributes to the success of Deloitte through six departments: Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Human Resources, IT Services, Property & Corporate Services and the Shared Services Organisation. There is no such thing as a ‘typical’ ICS person or job. The work we do is as varied as our people are diverse: administrators, artwork designers, accountants, advisors, audio-visual technicians, business analysts, building surveyors, bilingual secretaries. ICS teams are based across the UK, Switzerland and India, all sharing a common goal of providing outstanding support to Deloitte and its people.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
Training and Knowledge is a function which supports the whole of Deloitte North West Europe and therefore travel will be required to support developing skills across teams across different office locations, including internationally. You will be part of the team who are the “go to” providers for technology training within Deloitte North West Europe.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 148604