Senior Manager, GDPO, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Our vision at Lloyds Banking Group is to become a data driven organisation; one that uses data as an asset to realise value for both customers and colleagues. We're on an exciting journey and there couldn't be a better time to join us! As a thought leader in data privacy you'll be a trusted source to move and inspire the business with innovative ideas to drive data privacy compliance whilst achieving business objectives and vision. You'll be have a hunger to grow and progress your career and leadership opportunities and be passionate about improving our customer and colleague experiences leading to business benefits providing outcomes which continually improve those experiences.
Core Purpose of the Role
This is an excellent opportunity to join our small specialist team of 6 colleagues. We're a collaborative and agile team, working together to enable the businesses we oversight to meet their strategy and objectives following data privacy regulations and practices.
Your independent oversight and leadership will support the Group Data Protection Officer in the fulfilment of responsibilities arising from GDPR Regulations. You'll be engaged in exciting new business initiatives, with the opportunity to oversight high risk Data Privacy Impact Assessments, advise and challenge at senior business committees and be involved in assessing data privacy breaches and ICO complaints.
You'll deputise for the Head of and work closely with our Chief Data and Analytics Office, Legal teams, data privacy managers and product owners.
You'll possess a real passion for and understanding of the importance of data privacy and leadership.
You'll have experience in a business or risk role and be happy to challenge stakeholders at all levels across the businesses on data privacy, with the ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary, internal and external teams.
You'll also have well-developed communication and influencing skills and be happy to challenge the status quo whilst being comfortable making and explaining your decisions. You're also able to balance conflicting demands with delivering to tight timescales.
- Be a transformational leader with an eye on developing the capabilities and skills required for the Bank of the Future
- Able to oversight critical business decisions and be accountable for these, as well as provide cover in the absence of the Head of GDPO
- Deep understanding of Data Privacy with particular emphasis on data privacy technology and digital related risks e.g. cloud, Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning and anonymisation and external qualification e.g. BCS Practitioner, IAPP CIPP/E.
- Experience of interpreting Data Privacy regulations and translating complex requirements into business practices.
- Experience in effective oversight, including data privacy impact assessments and production of clear and concise opinions.
- Experience in building and managing positive relationships, challenging and decision making to achieve safe outcomes for the business. Excellent communication skills.
- Broad understanding of Risk and Control Self Assessment system.
- Broad understanding of the Information Commissioner's Office operating model.
- Experience in the over sight of regulatory breaches and complaints.
Does this sound like you?
If so, and you want to be part of an independent oversight team within LBG, supporting the Group on its data journey, then please get in touch, we'd love to hear from you! In return for bringing us your passion and engagement, we're offering a strong platform to fulfil your career and leadership potential.
So what can we offer you in return?
You'll be rewarded with excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity!
As well as a competitive salary, you'll receive:
- A Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Share Schemes
You'll enjoy our dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform in their role.
Together we make it possible.