Valuations Manager - Flexible Contracts
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
We are open to flexible contracts
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for intellectually curious Valuation professionals (at a Manager level), with a passion for commercial and client-facing work, to join our fast growing Valuation practice.
About the Team
We are a thriving, growing and innovative team of individuals who work collaboratively with our clients to value their businesses, shares, financial instruments and intangible and tangible assets. Our valuation insights are used to help our clients make commercial decisions, resolve disputes and meet their regulatory requirements.
Our team is large, and industry focused. We have around 150 people in the UK and we work along industry lines, as we believe that having a proper understanding of the issues and opportunities facing each sector is critical to producing commercial and robust valuations.
We work alongside our PwC colleagues regularly, for example with our due diligence and corporate finance colleagues as part of transactions, with our restructuring team for businesses in distress and with our tax and audit colleagues to support discussions with regulators and other stakeholders.
Our client base is wide and varied, reflecting our reach into the market and the strong brand recognition. At any given time we will be working with multinational corporates, private equity, family businesses and intermediaries. Clients have confidence calling upon our team to share our insights and independent views on valuations, recognising our extensive experience, breadth and commercial and technical acumen.
About the role
The role is an exciting opportunity to help drive a growing team, responsibilities would include owning and growing client relationships as well as managing an enthusiastic junior team. The successful candidate will demonstrate their ability to be proactive and work autonomously, their experience and ability to lead and motivate a team, their ability to coach and develop junior staff and their technical expertise within valuations. We are open to the successful candidate working on a flexible basis in terms of number of days per week and location.
- Leading day to day client relationships on projects
- Leading and overseeing financial modelling assignments as part of the valuation process. You will therefore need to be proficient in Excel with solid financial modelling experience.
- Writing and reviewing valuation reports / analysis. Communicating this analysis to senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Coaching junior staff in a mix of technical valuations skills, industry knowledge and soft skills.
- Keeping in touch with clients and developing new client relationships in the sector
We are currently recruiting for multiple hires, across a variety of industry sectors including:
- Financial Services;
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- Consumer and Industrial Products;
- Energy, Utilities, Mining and Infrastructure,
- Health and Pharma; and
- Market Value Direct (focused on financial instrument valuations).
Essential Skills and Experience
- Valuation experience including valuations of shares, debt and businesses
- Ability to grasp key business drivers and specific valuation issues quickly
- Relevant industry qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CFA is desirable but not essential
- Good business and client relationship development capabilities
- People management skills, such as leading coaching and developing others
- Strong analytical skills matched by an ability to think laterally
- Ability to deliver high-quality written work
- Strong attention to detail, combined with an ability to see the big picture
- Ability to work effectively in teams, sometimes to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others
- Appetite to use data and analytics tools
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
Our Valuations practice is nationwide with teams based in multiple offices, including:
We have potential opportunities across these locations, with successful candidates also being able to split their time working from the office and from home where practical.
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.