Manager Strategy & Financial Services - Flexible Contracts
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
The nature of this role allows you to work 3-4 months at a time on projects, whilst being on a permanent contract
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
A career within Corporate and Business Strategy services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients solve their toughest problems and seize essential advantages by defining and evaluating strategies of all types. We analyse business and market trends to explore new approaches that help our clients make tough choices and surpass the competition. At both the business unit and corporate level, we help organisations with organic enterprise growth, pricing and profitability, shareholder value, and sustainable corporate strategies.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
About the role
As a Manager in Strategy & Financial Services, you will work with Executive clients, Senior Managers, Directors and Partners to help solve complex strategic problems. You will manage teams, with a focus on solving problems, delivering exceptional client engagements, and managing the personal development of others. You will have the opportunity to drive transformational business change with leading international banks, insurers and FinTechs. The FS Strategy& team also works closely with the Delivering Deal Value (DDV) team, assisting both Corporate and Private Equity clients in a wide range of business critical operational and transformational challenges, driven by Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activity.
Building networks and engaging across our Strategy& community and sector consulting teams is key to growing our firm; building new initiatives based on personal interests and participating in thought leadership are some of the many ways Strategy& members continue to develop the business. Strategy& are shaping and taking to market new propositions which reflect leading thinking in customer experience and customer led change, and are underpinned by PwC’s Experience Centre and Customer capability groups.
Strategy& offers in-depth training across all consulting levels and will support your development throughout your career. Using a combination of formal training programs and on-the-job feedback learning with your allocated career coach, our Managers combine core analytical thinking with hypothesis-driven approaches to deliver tangible client deliverables.
Key responsibilities as a Manager
- Working with Senior Managers, Directors or Partners in the team, you will have responsibility for supporting client projects, applying the work schedule and driving each assignment to a successful conclusion.
- Supporting the development of clear, persuasive and concise documents for Executive audiences.
- Building productive and lasting client relationships at all levels.
- Undertaking analysis, translating the analysis into useful findings and quality assuring the results in conjunction with project leadership.
- Leading data gathering required to solve complex problems in a short timeframe.
- Managing the development of junior team members on projects and identifying opportunities for them to grow and build their skills.
- Building relationships within the PwC Network at all levels and be seen as a valued member of the community –contributing to internal, firm-building activities proactively.
- Professional experience with a leading strategy consulting firm, and a record of achievement and progression
- Experience working with clients in the financial services sector, ideally with large banks, insurers or asset managers, on one or more of the following:
- Corporate or business unit strategy
- Growth strategy
- Cost reduction strategy
- Ability to lead self and others, in particular, experience in managing teams and coaching others to high performance
- Experience in contributing to functionally, geographically and culturally diverse teams
- Ability to apply top-down strategic thinking to client problems and a demonstrated ability to work with quantitative data and structuring quantitative analysis
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated experience in communicating with senior Executives in oral and written form
- Ability to quickly and confidently develop relationships, including in challenging situations
- Degree qualified, Honours or postgraduate preferred (MBA desirable)
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients’ business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries – everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.