Corporate Communications Manager, Open to flexibility
Corporate Communications Manager - Full time role but flexible hours and some home working considered
Job Description Summary:
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Grant Thornton has set its sights on creating the next generation professional services organisation. The purpose of GTIL as set out by our global CEO, Peter Bodin, is to shape the future of the network through collaboration and innovation and to continuously bring an external, forward looking and global perspective to the network and its leadership.
Working with the director of global communications, the Corporate Communications Manager will plan and execute all corporate communications activity, internal and external, for Grant Thornton International Ltd in support of the firm’s Growing Together 2020 strategy.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for co-ordinating and executing corporate communications on behalf of GTIL to its key senior stakeholders in member firms in over 135 countries around the world.
- Working with the global leadership team to ensure key priority projects are clearly communicated to the network and that we capture best practice to help drive innovation and collaboration.
- Responsible for day-to-day PR, managing relationships with key target media and ensuring smooth co-ordination with member firms around the world on PR activity.
- Leading on media activation for GTIL global thought leadership programs
- Help support the communications executive responsible for internal communications and, with director of communications, help cover internal communications when the exec is on leave.
Who we're looking for:
- 5-10 years' experience of internal and external communications, preferably in a financial, business-to-business or professional services environment.
- Self-starter with the ability and confidence to develop and implement their own projects and workload.
- Exceptional writing and editorial skills.
- Experience of digital communications channels and working closely with colleagues in digital / social.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an effective and collaborative team player.
- Strong organisation and time management skills and an ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with the media.
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes – moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.