Business Improvement Manager (Fixed Term Contract), Open to flexibility
Business Improvement Manager (Fixed Term Contract) - Full time role but flexible hours and some home working considered
Job Description Summary:
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen.
Our aim is to review the National Finance department in order to attain automation and efficiency improvements to create more rewarding career paths for our Finance people and provide a great Finance service experience for the firm. In order to achieve this we have created a change programme which is being implemented over 2 years, a key part of which has been cataloguing and mapping of all the firms finance processes for the implementation of a new finance platform. The basis of this has been to ensure that we understand our current processes in detail to identify where improvements can be made to deliver the anticipated business benefits.
The Business Improvement Manager will be responsible for continuing the business process analysis and mapping of all Finance processes, supported by a senior members of the current Finance team and translate this into a modern, efficient and value added Finance service for the firm with a continuous process improvement culture at its heart.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supports Finance by aiding in the smooth transition from the 'as is' state to 'to be' state
- Facilitates subject matter experts within Finance on how to map processes using Six Sigma and Lean methodologies
- Develops a range of learning materials and resources that can be used by Finance people managers to develop their teams in line with the following learning model: 70% (on the job experiences): 20% (learning from others): 10% (formal development).
- Facilitates on workshops and events as required in offices around the United Kingdom
- Coaches teams and groups in transformational high performance leadership
- Is an agent of change, challenging colleagues, partners, and managers to think and behave differently to create the greatest positive impact
- Monitors quality and relevance of design and delivery of all learning interventions and makes recommendations for improvement including evaluating tools where appropriate
- Ensures key process issues which arise during analysis and mapping are recorded and properly assessed
- Evaluates and records the improvements seen (financial and non-financial) of the improved processes
Who we're looking for:
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You’ll have experience with continuous improvement methodologies and previous business transformation experience.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.