Manager, Environmental Sustainability Propositions - Flexible working, job share
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Job Share, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
In this role, you'll be responsible for supporting the innovation and development of the ongoing pipeline of commercially and ethically sustainable finance propositions for our Commercial Banking clients.
Working alongside the Senior Manager, you'll get to work at the heart of the Commercial Banking Sustainability and Responsible Business team, closely collaborating with the business on the development of propositions.
You'll contribute towards ensuring we become a leading UK commercial bank for sustainable growth, supporting clients to transition to sustainable business models and operations and to pursue new growth opportunities.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Group Environmental Sustainability team at Lloyds Banking Group! Would you like to play a key role in support of our ambitious goal of working with our customers, Government and the market to help reduce the emissions we finance by more than 50 per cent by 2030, supporting the UK's ambition to be net zero by 2050?
What you'll be doing...
- Supporting the Senior Manager with the development of market leading propositions and partnerships within Commercial Banking. Working alongside the wider business teams to ensure that the propositions are in line with the Group's overall Sustainability Strategy and marketplace best practice.
- Supporting the engagement with partners in Commercial Banking to prioritise activity and ensure appropriate SME's are engaged and ensuring all relevant commercial drivers are taken into account.
- Using your expertise in sustainability to research, develop and craft new markets for sectors, as well as relevant thought-leadership activities with the wider Group team.
- Building your awareness of competitor activity, emerging themes, and regulatory developments.
- Supporting interactions with regulators and policy makers on topics that impact the Commercial Bank.
- Develop a strong network of internal partners across all levels of the organisation.
- Acting as an authority on environmental sustainability issues as they relate to the Commercial Bank. And using your knowledge to raise the profile of activity and achievements.
What you can bring to the role...
Overall, you'll need a passion for Environmental Sustainability and a personal aim to use your skills for good, in addition to:
- Specialist knowledge - Able to talk with authority about financed Commercial Banking sectors, including key environmental sustainability related trends, commercial drivers and market dynamics. Recognised as a specialist on environmental sustainability issues and their impact on specific sectors relevant to Commercial Banking as required.
- Influencing and engagement skills - Able to influence, support and challenge others across the Commercial Banking division.
- Analysis - Able to structure and complete complex analysis and evidence to advise decision making and secure support for business and investment cases.
- Proposition development - Able to support the development of green finance propositions using your understanding of client needs and external and commercial drivers.
- Communication skills - Able to produce simple and concise written and oral communications, using what can sometimes be complex information.
Does this sound like you?
If so, and you want to be part of an independent credit risk management structure within LBG, supporting an important and sophisticated asset class and dynamic sectors then please get in touch, we'd love to hear from you! In return for bringing us your passion and engagement, we're offering a strong platform to fulfil your career potential.
You'll be offered a competitive package which includes...
- a generous pension contribution and
- Flex cash to spend on a host of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both professionally and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel welcomed and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.