Partnerships Manager 17.5 hours a week
Partnerships Manager 17.5 hours per week reporting into the CEO
For over 21 years, Chance UK has helped children with emotional and behavioural difficulties to realise their potential and build a brighter future. We are proud of the work we do and the impact that our year-long mentoring programme has on the lives of children who are at risk of being excluded or forgotten by society. We believe that with the right early support all children can flourish.
We have just agreed an ambitious organisational strategy which includes a goal of doubling the number of children we work with over the next 3 years and in order to achieve this are looking to expand our donor base. In particular we want to build on the corporate partnerships we have secured to date in a more systematic way to maximise opportunities and raise significant income.
At the launch of our “Alumni” network last year, it became clear we have huge support from our volunteer mentors past and present. Many are keen to carry on supporting the work of Chance UK by fundraising individually or through approaching their employer for corporate support. This is an important resource for the organisation, which we have not yet made the most of and will be a key part of achieving our fundraising ambitions over the coming years.
This is a chance to join an organisation with an inspiring cause and a clear strategy as well as an opportunity to make a tangible impact on the lives of children. We can offer a dynamic, friendly and positive working environment and flexibility about how your hours are worked.
This is a new and exciting role within our small team and will be responsible for driving, developing and managing the corporate fundraising strategy, building the new business pipeline, leading on securing new long term partnerships and maximising fundraising opportunities from current and potential partners.
We are looking for someone who will bring energy and ideas to help us inspire and engage corporate partners and the skills to turn these into successful outcomes.
- To work with the CEO and senior management team to develop a corporate fundraising strategy, focusing on driving long term high value partnerships
- To lead on securing new business opportunities, cultivating relationships with prospective corporate partners to secure multiyear funding
- To lead account management activity ensuring corporate partners understand the impact of their giving and Chance UK can support a calendar of activity
- Develop the corporate case for support and fundraising toolkit, embedding the corporate offering into the heart of Chance UK.
- Work with volunteer mentors past and present to support corporate approaches
- Support with hosting events and managing high level donor relationships as needed
- Ensure activities are in compliance with Data Protection and other legal and contractual obligations.
- To support team members where necessary to achieve our goals as a team
- To be an advocate for developing systems and processes specific to fundraising
- To regularly update activity on the CRM database.
- To work with CEO on annual strategic and budget planning processes when appropriate
- To carry out all tasks and responsibilities in accordance with Chance UK’s ‘Principles and Practices’, and contribute to the development of these in the light of organisational experience and learning
- The post-holder may be required to contribute in other areas not specifically outlined above to support the overall work and mission of Chance UK.
Please send us a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Tuesday 17th April 2018
Interviews will be on Thursday 26th April 2018