Consultant, Data Strategy & Governance, Open to flexible working
Data currently presents the world with great opportunities, but also significant risk if not managed effectively. Within our Data Strategy & Governance practice you will be helping market leading clients across all industries to develop their long term data strategy, the processes and operating model to govern data as a valuable asset and to build the foundation to exploit the exciting new opportunities that advanced analytics, AI, Big Data and automation present. Our fast-paced, stimulating, team-based and fun environment will allow you to take your career to the next step by developing new skills and honing existing ones, through the best training and exposure to leading-edge technology-enabled programmes.
You will be part of the following wider group within our Consulting portfolio offerings:
Strategy, Analytics and M&A
How do you make intelligent, future-proof decisions in a world where change is the one constant? That's exactly what you'll help our clients to do. You'll build trusted relationships with business stakeholders - and use the most exciting new technologies available - to create data-driven programmes that transform their organisations. Your advice will help clients position their organisations to succeed in an ever-evolving marketplace.
Our consultants work in a variety of projects to solve clients' toughest data problems by combining industry experience, consulting and analytical skills with data management capabilities to create a lasting impact. Whether it is devising a Data Strategy, implementing new ways of working to govern and manage data more efficiently or delivering technology-based solutions to do so more effectively, we need the very best people to join us and strengthen our team even further. That is where you come in.
Our projects and clients vary greatly and your responsibility will differ slightly based on the focus of the client engagement and your skillsets, but within our Data Strategy & Governance practice, your role will involve:
- Helping market leading clients define their long term Data Strategy to ensure that data is managed and used as a valuable asset
- Interview client stakeholders, analyse metamodels and data sets and evaluate existing documentation in order to assess a client's current Data Governance capabilities in order to identify gaps to be addressed
- Defining a client's ‘to-be' state, which will involve the design of Data Governance Target Operating Models (TOM) through which data is efficiently managed within the organization, securing its trust and accountability
- Supporting the client in the creation of a business case to deliver Data Strategy & Governance (‘to-be') improvements
- Working on projects to embed TOMs, Data Governance frameworks and data capabilities in the client organisation in a sustainable way
- Assessing and improving client's Data Quality
- Understanding the importance of stakeholder and change management and incorporating it into the implementation of Data Governance frameworks
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Assisting in the further development of our market leading solution and delivery offerings and help produce proposal documents to showcase our capabilities to clients
- Contributing to the development of our thriving Data Strategy & Governance community, working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Your home office will be Manchester, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully.
Work pattern: This is a permanent full-time role.
However, we encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Your professional experience
We are looking for candidates who are able to demonstrate skills and experience in some of the following.
- Have a keen interest in data and experience of operating in a client or business facing role
- Business Analysis skills and experience such as process improvement, process and Operating Model design and requirements / information gathering techniques
- Work effectively within an inclusive team to achieve common goals
- Be able to assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge to achieve business outcomes
- Possess good problem solving and analytical skills
- Manage stakeholders using clear communications and be able to form strong client relationships
- Demonstrate an ability to think and address challenges in a creative manner
- Experience of working in project teams
- Demonstrate an understanding of Data Strategy and Governance principles and familiarity with processes, policies and any of the key technology vendor platforms
- Demonstrate knowledge of Data Quality Management, Metadata and Master Data Management principles
- Have experience with Data Governance Target Operating Model design
- Consulting experience, including;
- Working on client facing projects
- Experience of contributing to proposal writing, presentations and pre-sales activities
- Project Management experience of both waterfall and agile delivery approaches
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application