Senior Consultant, Senior Artificial Intelligence Engineer, Open to flexible working
Senior Consultant, Senior Artificial Intelligence Engineer, Data & Analytics Modernisation
Join Deloitte and apply your skills to innovative projects reaching far beyond traditional machine learning and analytics boundaries. You'll work with colleagues and clients in Consulting, Corporate Finance, Tax and Audit – exposing you to cutting edge data science work in a strategic, commercial and business context. Here you'll apply an impressive range of broad consulting and technical skills that will enhance your career.
Our practice is growing in both breadth and technical depth which is increasingly important in an ever changing market, technology and regulatory landscape. You can expect to be involved in a wide variety of assignments.
Strategy, Analytics and M&A
How do you make intelligent, future-proof decisions in a world where change is the one constant? That’s exactly what you’ll help our clients to do. You’ll build trusted relationships with business stakeholders – and use the most exciting new technologies available – to create data-driven programmes that transform their organisations. Your advice will help clients position their organisations to succeed in an ever-evolving marketplace.
The role sits within Deloitte’s Data & Analytics Modernisation’s Machine Learning & Data Engineering team which is a group of data scientists and hybrid AI engineers to deliver cutting edge solutions that leverage the latest artificial intelligence and big data technologies for our clients. If you’re intellectually curious, hardworking and solution-oriented, you’ll fit right into our fast-paced, collaborative environment.
We are looking for hybrid AI engineers to support our machine learning, development and deployment capabilities. You’ll combine leading open source tooling and automate the management of model deployment using IaaS / PaaS assets. We make heavy use of the Python machine learning and deployment ecosystem in the cloud, and build systems to deliver future development environments, whether it’s a real-time or batch system. If you have deep experience in designing, implementing, automating and deploying machine learning pipelines and workflows, we want to hear from you!
As one of the lead AI engineers in our team, you will:
- Apply machine learning techniques creatively to solve complex problems
- Research and develop innovative solutions to expand our breadth of offerings
- Stay abreast in new machine learning techniques, data technologies, and cloud architectures for productionsation
- Lead sub teams to deliver products for client requirements
- Manage a work substream in all phases of the model development lifecycle from PoC to fully tested productionised solutions
- Lead other data scientists, fellow engineers and product owners to deploy and use libraries and APIs which make machine learning for use cases both intuitive and powerful to give competitive advantage
- Participate proactively in building the team – e.g., introducing talented individuals as potential candidates, coaching and mentoring colleagues, writing proposals and creating high value propositions
As a senior consultant you will:
- Assisting in the crafting of responses to client proposal requests and in pitching data science projects to client.
- Suggest practical solutions to clients and manage sub teams to implement these solutions as a part of larger engagement teams
- Be highly aware of regulatory and market developments and be pro-active in identifying the challenges and opportunities they create and helping clients to strategically position themselves in a changing market place
- Lead sub project work streams including aiding in project planning, budgeting and performance management of your team members
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Your home office will be Manchester, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A BSc/MSc/PhD in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or other highly analytical/quantitative degree subject
- Several years of experience applying machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques in commercial organisations or in academia (including in InsurTech, FinTech etc)
- Practical experience with Python and object orientated languages: R, C++, Java, MATLAB
- Strong knowledge of the Python ecosystem, the Jupyter ecosystem (Lab, Notebook, Binder) and their libraries, norms and tooling
- Experience of AutoML tooling (H2O, DataRobot or equivalents)
- Proven track record working with products from major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Strong experience of Continuous Integration tools (GitHub actions, Travis-CI, etc.)
- Testing mindset with experience writing tests at various levels of granularity
- Strong experience building software on top of major container technology (Kubernetes, docker, or similar).
- Strong experience to one or more common workflow / pipelining frameworks (Kubeflow, MLFlow, Argo or equivalents)
- Strong knowledge in the machine learning lifecycle, and in ways to facilitate collaboration and productivity in each of its phases.
- Strong experience in deploying and maintaining enterprise-scale machine learning applications in production
- A history of good collaboration with DevOps and Project Managers on meeting project goals.
- Have excellent planning and organisation skills so as to work with a high-performance team, handle demanding clients and multitask effectively
- High degree of personal motivation and ability to self-manage
- Full travel mobility
There are some core consulting characteristics that we are look for, including:
- Commercial insight
- Structured approach to problem solving
- Adaptability of skill set
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to convey complex and highly technical issues in layman terms identifying a strong commercial application able to enhance the clients' profitability
- Ability to manage client relationships
- Ability to manage engagements
- Ability to manage a significant piece of work and/or a team
- Show leadership in further developing our analytics offerings for our clients, identifying upcoming areas of demand driven by regulatory and market trends and assisting in targeting clients and working on proposals;
- Contribute to practice management, including recruitment and coaching
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application