Manager, Lead Data Engineer, TMT, Data Analytics & Modernisation - Flexible working, returners
We are seeking to hire experienced Data and Analytics professionals with sector knowledge or enthusiasm to join our growing Technology, Media and Telecommunication (TMT) team.
Take your career to the next level by joining one of the world’s best and most recognized professional services firms. Within Deloitte’s Analytics and Cognitive service offering, we imagine, deliver and run innovative solutions to help our clients in TMT solve complex challenges and maximize the value of their data. At Deloitte, you will be able to build your career, access the best training and learning opportunities, and develop new skills and hone existing ones. We work for a huge variety of interesting, international, and world-leading TMT clients on exciting next generation technology-enabled projects. We are looking for candidates with Data, Engineering and Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) expertise to join us, working in fast-paced teams with other highly talented, fun and motivated colleagues.
You will be part of the following wider group within our Consulting portfolio offerings:
Strategy, Analytics and M&A
How do you make intelligent, future-proof decisions in a world where change is the one constant? That’s exactly what you’ll help our clients to do. You’ll build trusted relationships with business stakeholders – and use the most exciting new technologies available – to create data-driven programmes that transform their organisations. Your advice will help TMT clients position their organisations to succeed in an ever-evolving marketplace being transformed by 5G, video analytics, cloud and edge analytics.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The successful candidate’s primary focus will be on creating internal capability, owning and defining reusable patterns across a number of customers’ projects and the delivery of the analytics workstream in projects. You will typically lead a cross-function line team of developers, data engineers and data scientists taking ownership for major deliverables for our clients in the TMT space. In addition, you should undertake people development and business management activities to help grow the expertise within the practice to exploit depth of knowledge and professional experience.
Working as a key business partner to high profile projects, you'll have the chance to develop your expertise in Data and Analytics Solutions, as well as in delivery and implementation as you will be the data product owner.
Taking a lead on project work, you will be continually encouraged to devise innovative solutions, to help our teams maximise the value of their data assets and helping them transform data into insights. You will also assume real ownership of projects and key stakeholders at executive levels, as you help them building an efficient analytics teams, processes and supporting technology.
The role involves managing the delivery of key transformation projects focusing on:
- Building an enterprise data solution to cater to TMT clients’ and projects’ storage needs, to enable batch and streaming data ingestion, transformation and analytics
- Leading the development of a cloud-based platform on AWS, Azure or GCP to integrate applications, and get real-time insight from the movement of data between the technology components
- Investigating and understanding trends in open source data technology development, such as Apache projects and the work of leading tech companies such as Lyft and Netflix
- Implementation of Analytics technologies to deliver an Analytics / Information Management strategy
- Building a data product roadmap, planning the delivery of features and user stories in a series of Agile sprints or other agile delivery methods
- Being the Scrum Master, owning the data and AI product or coordinating multiple scrum teams. Leading teams of developers, potentially in the UK or offshore
- Managing key client stakeholders' relationships and leading teams of Deloitte and third-party personnel
- Planning and staffing projects for clients based on complex deliverables and programmes of work
- Implementation of vendor selection / evaluation frameworks and recommendation of appropriate tools and methods to use on client engagements to deliver the required value and support the client strategies
- Assisting in the further development of our market leading analytics and information management offerings and help produce proposal documents to showcase our capabilities to clients
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Support developing a sales pipeline to deliver or extend projects
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
Must have overseen application deployment through the complete SDLC
- Ability to demonstrate stakeholder management skills and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to bring teams together as a workstream lead to drive success through applying coaching, facilitation, stakeholder management and expectation management capabilities
The successful candidate is expected to possess demonstrable knowledge in Data and AI technology areas.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate a keen interest in data and experience of operating in challenging and ever-changing environment and the ability to work as part of integrated team or as an individual. The candidate should be analytically minded and have the ability to assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge to deliver insights and solve problems.
To qualify, you must possess demonstrable knowledge, proven ability to deliver and proven experience in defining and implementing methodologies in at least four of the below:
- Implementation of Big Data technologies, such as involvement in Enterprise Data Lake or Real Time Data Warehouse creation;
- Use of cutting-edge technologies such as Spark, Snowflake and Kafka;
- Development of solutions in both on premise and cloud environments using leading cloud vendors such as AWS, Azure or GCP;
- Data Governance: Focuses on establishing organizational constituencies and a framework of policies, processes, and enabling technologies to ensure that enterprise data is owned and stewarded accurately and consistently to meet business goals;
- Database development and maintenance using tools such as Hadoop, Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, etc.;
- Data migration design and build including migration strategy and approach, source & target system analysis and mapping, ETL development and data reconciliation;
- Master Data Management strategy and roadmap creation, vendor selection and implementation using market leading tools such as Oracle, Informatica, IBM, etc.
- Information Delivery, Retention, and Archiving: Manages the collection, preservation, and retirement of enterprise data assets to support application migrations, historical management reporting, and regulatory compliance. Design and build of the Information Delivery and federation architecture based on solution requirements e.g. Batch and Real time, source and target system analysis, Information Delivery design using platforms such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Informatica, Ab-Initio, Talend etc.
- Data Quality Management: Establishes a framework and supporting processes and procedures to appropriately diagnose enterprise or LOB data quality issues, remediate them, and monitor the data quality to keep it evergreen
- Experience of owning the product deliverables and coordinating multiple teams possibly onsite and offshore.
- Experience working in an agile delivery teams with DevOps ways of working to continuously deliver iterative deployments
Along with the above-mentioned skills, candidate must have led or supported the delivery of relevant engagement in Analytics / Information Management / Business Intelligence using cloud technologies. Candidate will have programme/project management experience preferably using a recognised methodology such as Prince2, Agile Methodology or Managing Successful Programmes (MSP). Candidates must be willing to travel within the UK.
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising pact they make
- We develop talent: we develoothers for the imp high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application