UK Media Relations Manager - Birmingham (Open to Flexible Working)
An exciting new opportunity
Our client is one of the world’s largest financial services provider, headquartered in London, Birmingham and Hong Kong. We have been asked to help them find a UK Media Relations specialist, based in Birmingham. You will be aligned to the business banking division and responsible for effective proactive and reactive media relations, in the UK. This includes playing an active role in managing external communications and handling reputational media issues.
Responsibilities, key audiences and stakeholders
- Develop a cohesive media relations strategy for the Commercial banking division
- Driving corporate media campaigns & strategic announcements
- Support their corporate social media activity and a consistent approach to external communications in the UK
- Provide insight, analysis and counsel to senior managers, the Head of Media Relations, UK.
- Maintain a strong external network across key media stakeholders
- Work with wider UK Communications team to co-ordinate engagement with key media stakeholders, providing advice and guidance as required
- Ensure consistency of corporate messages in the country/region.
Knowledge & Experience
- Financial or Professional Services PR
- Expected to act with high degree of autonomy
- Role holder will be comfortable working for a large, international organisation, with stakeholder contact being required at country, regional and global levels.
- A strong communications professional possessing the following:
- Sufficient credibility with the media.
- Strong storytelling skills with proven ability to produce clear, engaging narrative.
- Strong presentation skills with understanding of board level requirements.
- Knowledge of the financial service industry and global marketplace advantageous.
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and pressurised situations.
For further information please contact email@example.com
Alternatively, if you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role, please Apply via the button below with your CV and a short covering letter.