Manager, Data Strategy and Governance - Flexible working, homeworking
Take your career to the next level by joining one of the world's best and most recognised professional services firms. Develop a portfolio of skills and experiences in a high-growth, cutting-edge analytics consulting practice working across a fantastic range of transformational client projects.
At Deloitte, we help our clients implement large scale data programmes that deliver on the promise of technology. We specialise in data and information - how to structure it, how to source it, how to transform it, how to store it, and how to consume it. Join our fast-paced and fun team, working alongside highly talented colleagues on varied and exciting projects, with access to excellent and continuous learning opportunities.
Strategy, Analytics and M&A
How do you make intelligent, future-proof decisions in a world where change is the one constant? That's exactly what you'll help our clients to do. You'll build trusted relationships with business stakeholders - and use the most exciting new technologies available - to create data-driven programmes that transform their organisations. Your advice will help clients position their organisations to succeed in an ever-evolving marketplace.
Our practitioners work in variety of projects to solve clients' toughest data problems by combining industry experience, consulting and analytical skills; with deep understanding of technology and capabilities to create a lasting impact. Whether it is structuring, assuring, managing, developing or delivering technology solutions, we need the very best people to join us and strengthen our team even further. That is where you come in.
Our projects and clients vary greatly and your responsibility will differ slightly based on the focus of the client engagement and your skillsets, but within the Data Strategy & Governance capability key responsibilities include:
- Helping market leading clients define their long term Data Strategy to ensure that data is managed and used as an asset
- Interview client stakeholders, analyse metamodels and data sets and evaluate existing documentation in order to assess a client's current Data Governance capabilities in order to identify gaps to be addressed
- Defining a client's ‘to-be' state, which will involve the design of Data Governance Target Operating Models (TOM) through which data is efficiently managed within the organization, securing its trust and accountability
- Supporting the client in the creation of a business case to deliver Data Strategy & Governance (‘to-be') improvements
- Working on and managing projects to embed TOMs, Data Governance frameworks and data capabilities in the client organisation in a sustainable way
- Facilitating workshops and Data Governance related training / client education as part of project delivery
- Assessing and improving the client's Data Quality practices
- Understanding the importance of stakeholder and change management and incorporating it into the implementation of Data Governance frameworks
- Working effectively and leading diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Assisting in the further development of our market leading solution and delivery offerings and help produce proposal documents to showcase our capabilities to clients
- Contributing to the development of our thriving Data Strategy & Governance community
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel may be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully; there may be some opportunity for working from home depending on client and project demands.
Work pattern: This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements, that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Your professional experience
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Data / Information Governance principles and familiarity with processes, policies and any of the key vendor platforms
- Experience with Data Quality management, Master Data Management processes and Data Profiling
- Experience with Management Information /BI Reporting delivery processes
- Experience managing project delivery including waterfall and/or agile methodologies
- Experience managing teams
- Familiarity with regulatory / statutory requirements impacting; Management Information and Data change management
- Knowledge of process improvement, process design, and business process mapping
- Relevant experience in consulting or industry
- Analytics / Data Governance Target Operating Model (TOM) design
Additionally you may have:
- Supported the delivery of relevant projects in Analytics / Business Intelligence / Management Information
- Business analysis of Analytics / Reporting requirements
- Design, vendor selection and delivery experience of Analytics / Reporting solution
- Development of predictive Analytics models
- Metadata management / Master Data Management tool experience
- Records and Document Management experience and technologies used to help manage information (and data) throughout a lifecycle
- Data Privacy and Protection experience
- Practical experience in Lean Six Sigma or Lean management
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm.
The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application