Manager, MDM Architect, Data Management, Analytics & Cognitive - Flexible working, homeworking
Manager, MDM Architect, Data Management, Analytics & Cognitive, Consulting
Take your career to the next level by joining one of the world’s best and most recognised professional services firms. Develop a portfolio of skills and experiences in a high-growth, cutting-edge analytics consulting practice working across a fantastic range of transformational client projects. Due to continued growth within Deloitte’s Data & Analytics Modernisation practice, largely as a result of the growth in our existing client portfolio and a number of new business wins, we intend to recruit a number of Master Data Management Architects with relevant technical, consulting and communication skills and with a proven track record of delivery within the data management and business analytics arena. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client facing skills gained within large corporate enterprises, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you. You will be part of the following wider group within our Consulting portfolio offerings:
Strategy, Analytics and M&A
How do you make intelligent, future-proof decisions in a world where change is the one constant? That’s exactly what you’ll help our clients to do. You’ll build trusted relationships with business stakeholders – and use the most exciting new technologies available – to create data-driven programmes that transform their organisations. Your advice will help clients position their organisations to succeed in an ever-evolving marketplace. We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
The Data & Analytics Delivery team sits within our Analytics and Cognitive consulting group. Our practitioners work on challenging projects with leading FTSE 100 clients across strategy, advisory and implementation. As an MDM Architect within Deloitte, you will be working within the Data Management team of the Data & Analytics Modernisation practice alongside some of the top experts in the country and on some of the largest and most complex client engagements across a variety of industry sectors. You will be given the opportunity to grow and take on responsibility from day one in a challenging but rewarding and meritocratic environment. Career growth for the right candidates is only limited by their ambitions. Our projects vary greatly and your responsibility as a Manager will differ based on the focus of the client engagement and your skillset but could include and may require you to:
- Working with clients to establish the business objectives for their data management journey and translating them into an implementation roadmap
- Consulting and leading, large, complex applications, and business processes re-engineering MDM implementations
- Contributing to the analysis of master data requirements, data governance & data privacy requirements of client organisations
- Providing information, feedback and guidance to clients to support technology-related decision making
- Consulting and working with development teams to determine, execute and deliver relevant solutions
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution, bring your own perspective, skills and experience to develop your team • Mentor and lead junior resources within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution helping them grow their career in Deloitte.
- Develop and grow the Data Management practice by contributing to recruitment, talent development, managing relationships with vendors, shaping and leading learning offerings and industry / technology propositions, contributing to the general running of the practice and actively participating in community events to share knowledge and nurture positive and collaborative relationships within the practice.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based in the Deloitte London office, however travel may be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully; there may be some opportunity for working from home depending on client and project demands.
Work pattern: This is a permanent full-time role. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
We are specifically looking for candidates with both technical and business focused skills, who can articulate the outcomes and value of their work, and have relevant working experience across some of the following:
- Hands-on experience with at least 3 of the following:
- Data Management, Data Architecture,
- Data Migrating,
- Master Data Modelling,
- Data Quality Management,
- Information Governance
- Experience with leading data applications for Tier 1 vendors such as IBM, SAP, Oracle and others
- Demonstrable experience on several data management related projects. This needs to include significant experience of at least two of: data architecture design, ETL design, data mapping, data quality assessment or master data management
- Demonstrable experience on at least 3 end-to-end data management projects, ideally in a key role
- Experience in design and implementation of data mesh architectures and/ or data centric architecture The candidate must have experience of Master Data Management and Data Governance including the defining of MDM organizations and organizational objectives, defining and implementing governance structures, the ability to put together ROI/ Business Case justifications as well as roadmaps and project plans to detail the delivery of such activities.
- The candidate must have experience in complex stakeholder management activities, ideally the ability to:
- Identify key influencers and establish & maintain relationships with these decision-makers within the client organization at a functional director level
- Apply core consulting skills to build credibility with clients at the senior management level to solve significant business issues
- Develop client relationships to generate successful Deloitte sales opportunities within and beyond the scope of current projects
- The candidate should have hands-on experience in a majority of the below areas:
- Master Data Modelling
- Product Master solutions
- Customer Master solutions
- Data Quality Management
- Data Governance or Data Privacy
- The candidate should have strong business skills in any of the following industries:
- Central Government and other public sector organisations
- Financial Services / Banking / Insurance • Life Sciences / Pharmaceutical
- Consumer Products, Retail & Distribution
- Telecommunications, Media & Entertainment
- Energy & Utilities, Oil & Gas
- Manufacturing, Transport
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? it's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what We're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application