Executive Assistants - Part time job share 22.2 hours/wk, full time - flexible working, homeworking
This is an exciting opportunity to work as an Executive Assistant at the Greater London Authority. We are recruiting for three positions.
1 x Fixed term or secondment opportunity to April 2022 (full time, 37 hours)
1 x Permanent opportunity (full time, 37 hours)
1 x Permanent opportunity (part time job share, 22.2 hours Monday to Wednesday)
The successful candidates will support two very senior members of staff and will be responsible for providing high level, professional executive assistant support. You will have an eye for detail, and the ability to work accurately and with speed; independently and efficiently. This role is flexible and requires some office-based and some remote working.
- Delivering high level diary and administrative support service to the most senior managers in organisations.
- Exceptional attention to detail and experience of managing multiple complex diaries within a busy environment.
- Inbox management relating to invites, deleting chains, filing emails as required
- Providing a full range of professional, high-level executive support services to two Principals, including set up, amendment and cancellation of meetings, planning over a significant timescale, and all associated tasks including commission and collation of briefing and speaking notes
- Ability to work on own initiative, accurately to tight deadlines and to prioritise between conflicting demands
- Maintain key lines of communication and productive working relationships with a large and complex network of external stakeholders, senior managers, and other staff across the organisation to enable effective executive support
- Keep abreast of key priorities and relevant development for the business areas supported as well as those of the wider organisation, to enable knowledgeable and targeted support to the Principals, to cover other diaries within the Executive Support Team as required and to react to emerging events.
- Actively contribute to building a successful and positive Executive Support Team by taking personal responsibility for displaying the highest standards of professional behaviour and participating in team meetings, providing value-added input and taking on assigned tasks as required
- Covering other members of the team when absent
- Advanced ability in the use of standard Microsoft office suite
If you feel that you fit the above criteria, then please apply today. Please indicate in your supporting statement if you wish to be considered for full time, part time or both.
This role will be based at City Hall. At present GLA staff are working largely from home, with office space available at our offices based at City Hall, More London. Over the coming weeks and months, we will moving to hybrid working, linked to our relocation programme. As part of this, you will need to split your time between home working and coming into the office.
London's diversity is its biggest asset and we strive to ensure our workforce reflects London's diversity at all levels. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We would welcome applications from candidates who are seeking part time work as this role is open to job share. In addition to a good salary package, we offer an attractive range of benefits including 30 days’ annual leave (pro rata), interest free season ticket loan, interest free bicycle loan and a career average pension scheme.
Application closing date: Sunday 17 October 2021 at 23:59 GMT
Please note we do not accept CV’s for this role. All applications for this vacancy must be submitted via our online recruitment system.