Head of Marketing (Fixed Term Contract), Open to flexibility
6 days left
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
Head of Marketing (Fixed Term Contract) - Full time role but flexible hours and some home working considered
Job Description Summary:
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen.
Our brand, marketing and communications team are at the forefront of our voice and identity as an organisation, creating content and campaigns which attract clients who want to work with us and people who want to work for us. Our teams of specialists help win and generate business; protect and develop our brand; provide representation in the media and support all areas of our business through digital and social. You will play a crucial role in developing and implementing a firm wide headline marketing strategy to support the firm’s overall business strategy and its purpose to shape a vibrant economy.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the BMC Director to develop and implement the overall marketing strategy for the firm, cascading to regions, service lines and industries, plans and objectives
- Responsible for raising the profile and understanding of the firm’s key strategic initiatives to our clients, targets and the wider market through integrated campaigns (e.g. Vibrant Economy, Top Track 250, Alumni Programme, FDIntelligence)
- Has a sound knowledge of the financial performance and objectives for the firm, its market position, target audience and related market dynamics
- Brand guardian, provides advice on branding, messaging and positioning, ensuring clear and consistent application of brand identity standards and acts as a final sign off
- Is up to date in the key strategic themes and revenue opportunities at any given time, and converts themes and opportunities into related activities/ initiatives
- Developing, managing and monitoring campaigns which leverage the firm’s current client base including driving a cross selling culture throughout the firm; tracking successes and communicating them nationally across all practice areas
- Liaises with clients, external stakeholders and suppliers, carrying out associated duties and responsibilities as required in relation to the marketing activity of programmes
- Ensures ‘exceptional client experience’ is a key part of our marketing strategy and incorporated in all of our communications and touch points with both clients and targets
- Supports in driving cultural change, commercial awareness and accountability through the firm to develop a united approach and clear commitment to marketing and business development activity.
- Contributes to effective internal communications across BMC and manages the updates and communications of the plans through existing channels (quarterly update calls, monthly briefings, monthly email updates)
Who we're looking for:
- Experience working at a senior management level within large advisory practice or division within a professional services or business advisory firm
- A successful track record in leading, developing and managing marketing teams
- Strategic and creative thinking, intuitive and capable of identifying, developing and gaining support for appropriate opportunities
- Ability to see the bigger picture and join up activities to ensure speedy delivery of the marketing strategy in the context of the firm’s ambitious growth
- Strong skills in analytics and reporting (with a commercial approach)
- Ability to lead multiple projects at pace and make quick decisions to keep work on track.
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You will be confident, bold and ambitious and able to challenge positively to shape the marketing agenda for Grant Thornton. You will help to make our firm really stand out in the market, and do this in way that supports the firm's strategy and vision.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes – moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.