Product Owner – Deals & Contracts, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. As a modern employer, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively.
As a Product Owner you will be accountable for designing and delivering the roadmap that will improve the user experience for the products within their domain and support business strategic priorities. You will work collaboratively with stakeholders to agree on priorities within their domain and build plans to deliver against those priorities.
The Product Owner role will have ownership and responsibility for the products supporting business development deals and collaborations, including:
- Current systems – Salesforce for tracking business development contacts and contracts
- Future systems – to be defined with GSK Worldwide Business Development and Academic Liaisons, in alignment with their respective strategic priorities (e.g. Competitive Intelligence capabilities; analytics and dashboards)
- DevOps Tooling – to enable frequent reliable releases that meet user/stakeholder needs
- Data Domain Strategy – to securely expose data within the Business Development domain to enable analysis and decision making by consumers
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Technology Strategy & Enablement: in the role of trusted advisor, strong domain knowledge including one or more of the following: business process, industry best practices, in market solutions.
- Demand management: Collaborate with business stakeholders to manage and prioritize the product backlog to produce the product set with the highest business value. Accountable for the product backlog and product cost forecast.
- Governance: Establish business value, manage delivery and service performance and manage business risk within the scope of their product. Responsible for representing the product in governance boards such as Steering and Design Authority.
- Product/Project Delivery: Design and deliver the optimal set of products and services which meets the business strategy and requirements. Accountable for creation and execution of the product roadmap. May complete hands on configuration, providing detailed designs and wider impact assessments. The ability to think big picture and customer first is imperative.
- Quality, Risk & Compliance: Accountable for ensuring the product within the domain is compliant with internal security and risk management policies and practices, as well as external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP and that Tech continuity plans are in place for all critical products.
- Feature Definition: Proven ability to translate customer requests, competitive activities, and industry trends into value drivers of new technology solutions and product requirements that can be easily understood by product teams, developers and other key constituencies within the organization.
- Service Management: Responsible for ensuring any changes are delivered in accordance to the services levels that are in place, to ensure adherence to those SLAs, and directly managing any Level 3 support issues and escalations. Accountable for Lifecycle Management of the product.
- People Management: Will work in collaboration with the broader team to drive and deliver business value to tight timelines adhering to the release management calendar where applicable. Depending on team structure, the incumbent may matrix manage the team
- Adoption strategy & change management: in the role of change agent, support both the product teams and the business in agile approaches to solution development and adoption, building excitement, momentum, visible success stories and clear value-based versions of vision as roadmap plans come to life.
Basic qualifications & Skills :
- Bachelors Degree
- Demonstrable experienced in Business Analysis in major global Tech organization or experienced in a Product Owner role
- Demonstrable experience in working in an IT product related industry, with experience in IT software analysis, design or delivery.
- Good experience in relationship management, influencing and communication skills
- Content knowledge of respective functional area (business operating models, processes & products)
- Knowledge and assessment of emerging trends (both functional and technical) within domain
- Experienced with Agile methodologies, tools and ways of working
- Technical acumen
- Practical experience in software design and delivery (both analytical and technical)
- Experience in the Life Sciences industry
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.