Senior Credit Analyst, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Would you like to work for the UK's largest Credit Card Portfolio? This is an exciting opportunity at Lloyds Banking Group for a Senior Credit Analyst within our Credit Cards Portfolio Management team in Retail Credit. The team work on industry leading credit risk strategies for our existing card customers, perform oversight, manage responsible lending and sustainable growth of the cards portfolio. Using Analytics and Data Mining, we define lending decisions on Customer Credit Limits and Balance Transfer/Money Transfer Eligibility.
The big picture
Our team purpose is to "Maintain a resilient portfolio through sustainable lending to deliver the best outcomes for customers and stakeholders." This is key in Helping Britain Recover from the pandemic.
Our team's role is multifaceted and impactful. We're responsible for a range of limit management and lending strategies, overseeing the portfolio and promotional campaigns to ensure future credit losses are in line with plan, and supporting the Consumer Finance business objectives.
What you'll do
Your responsibility is to manage the credit risk strategy for Balance Transfers (BT) and Money Transfers (MT), model loss forecasts for BT/MT campaign valuations and performing oversight to the business.
In practice, you'll be using SAS or excel daily to manipulate and/or interrogate complex data. You'll use your commercial knowledge to interpret results and produce impactful insights or recommendations to the team, senior management and other interested colleagues.
For example, one week you may be performing impact analysis on a new strategy rule that protects our customers and the bank. The next week you'll be working with the 1st line pricing team to build new loss forecasts for more accurate campaign valuations.
The team you'll work with
You won't be alone in this endeavour!
Cards portfolio is a small but mighty team currently spread across Cardiff, London and Chester. We pride ourselves on promoting wellbeing and creating an environment for colleagues to thrive in.
In the immediate team, your manager will be there to guide you and an industrial placement student for you to mentor. However the whole team will help you to support you through challenges.
More widely within the cards team and across the department, we work collaboratively to deliver wider initiatives for continuous improvement across risk management, analytics and personal development.
What skills are needed
The list here gives you a view of the skills we would expect to see of a colleague performing in role. We don't expect you to be advanced in them all already, but be prepared to show the capability and motivation to develop.
- Understanding of strategy design and change management - You'll take a lead role in scoping, creating, and maintaining credit strategies
- Enthusiasm for problem solving - innovation and thinking out of the box, particularly on modelling loss forecasting, is welcomed and strongly encouraged
- Analytical expertise - Practical experience of analytics using statistical packages or programming languages - ideally SAS and good Excel skills, but others would help (e.g. SQL, SPSS, R, C++)
- Coaching passion - You'll provide technical leadership and guidance to junior analysts in the team
- Deputising support - Where required, you'll deputise for colleagues and support them in the development of wider initiatives across the team, improving practices and enhancing the culture of the team.
- Highly Organised - ability to plan and operate independently.
- Effective communicator - explaining complicated issues clearly to different audiences; technical, non-technical, junior colleagues and senior management
- Knowledge of Retail Banking credit risk - including strategies, scorecards, forecasting and provisioning
What we need from you...
You'll be offered a competitive package which includes...
- a generous pension contribution and
- Flex cash to spend on a host of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both professionally and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel welcomed and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.