Quality Engineer, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
A great opportunity has arisen for a Quality Engineer to join our Protection Lab where you will be responsible for driving quality throughout the change lifecycle and undertaking testing of software changes to deliver products that are fit for purpose to meet the quality standards our customers expect of us. As part of a cross-disciplinary team our Quality Engineers use a variety of techniques to plan, design and execute test cases across multiple types of testing (Functional and Non Functional).
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're passionate about having a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's leading Digital Bank and biggest mobile bank with 17 million active digital customers across our brands. Now that we have already created the market leader in digital banking, we are on a journey to create the bank of the future, for which we are investing £3bn across platforms, people and data capabilities to truly become the best bank for customers.
Want to know more?
Lloyds Banking Group are transforming the way we do Engineering. We've created "LBG Labs" and we're building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business. This will help us create new, and improve existing, products and services to help us really make a difference to our customers.
A Lab is a co-located team who work together on key projects to deliver value at pace by designing services that people find useful, easy and engaging to use. Typically, a Lab has a strong focus on complex problem solving in an agile environment where engineers are free to experiment and build innovative products which will transform the way our customers engage with us.
This role sits within our Protection lab. The purpose of the lab is to make it easy for our customers to understand and serve their Protection needs and plan for the unexpected events in life. We work collaboratively in multi discipline feature teams, developing innovative, digital led Life Insurance and Critical illness products for our customers and delivering them across multiple delivery channels.
So what would you be doing for us?
- Continuously contribute to the development of our lab testing strategy in line with the evolution of new technologies and tooling!
- Writing automated test scripts tests against user stories and maintain test traceability.
- Refining user story acceptance criteria using Behaviour Driven Development methods (BDD) and identifying testing needs.
- Identifying defects and working with the feature team to prevent defect leakage. Helping to gather lessons learnt to prevent similar issues in the future.
- Work collaboratively with Software Engineers, Business Analysts, Product Owners, Architects and Designers as a part of the Team!
- Open to new "thought process" and change mind set, bring in new ways of working/ innovative and creative ways of embedding and delivering "Quality".
- Develops personal capabilities using formal and informal training opportunities.
- Supporting others within the QE Chapter and the wider team and ensuring the appropriate development plans are in place to help drive the overall capability of the team forward.
- Ensuring your area of responsibility is aligned with overall test strategies and transformation, pushing boundaries and seeking opportunities to improve
What we need from you:
- A Quality Engineering background with a deep knowledge of Test Lifecycle, Test Models, Best Practices and Test Tools.
- Adopting an 'automation first' approach with a passion for driving efficiency and a focus on reducing risk within teams.
- Ensuring the automation has traceability to the acceptance criteria & can run efficiently in a CI environment.
- Experience of working in a dynamic agile delivery environment.
- Some experience with node-based test frameworks such as webdriverIO and SuperTest
- Knowledge of Performance Testing, Security Testing, Continuous Integration Tools, Cloud Technologies.
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 15%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today; we'd love to hear from you...