Training and Knowledge, Team Leader, T1, FTC 12 Months, Open to flexibility
6 days left
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
Training and Knowledge, Team Leader, T1, FTC 12 Months, Open to flexibility
The content team supervisor will be responsible for managing a small team (7 people) of content developers. The content developers produce a wide range of online and classroom learning material using a variety of different tools. This role would support those team members and the duties would include:
- performing 1-2-1s and monthly check-ins
- providing feedback to team members
- working with individuals to improve areas of development
- managing the work allocation of the team based on the requirements coming from various projects
- managing absence within the team (holiday/sickness)
- raising any issues within the team to the Content Team Leader
The successful applicant must have a proven track record of successfully managing a small team, and be able to demonstrate this along with the methods they have used to maintain motivation and improve performance.
This role will also manage the BAU (Business as Usual) process. This will involve keeping the existing learning material up to date and ensuring that our high level of service is maintained. The process for this is in place and this role will oversee that the process is followed and highlight any areas of improvement to the Content Team Leader. Other elements of this role include reviewing content before it is published to the firm and dealing with access requests to our systems.
The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills. They must demonstrate a friendly, professional and approachable manner and be customer focussed. Excellent organisational and time management skills are essential as is the ability to multi-task. The successful candidate must demonstrate a methodical, analytical and clear approach to problems and how to negotiate to solutions. They will be able to work using their own initiative and show attention to detail in both their own work and others within the team when reviewing content. Commitment to working with the team to maintain a positive team spirit, with a desire and drive to meet and exceed team targets is essential.
This role will include the following activities:
- Conduct 1-2-1s and check-ins with team members
- Help to develop team members
- Manage workload of team based on project demand
- Manage the BAU process
- Review content
- Request and update access requests to our knowledge systems
- Perform administrative tasks as and when required
This role will have responsibility for:
- Managing a small team of content developers on a day to day basis
- Managing resources for the projects
- Reporting progress and flag any potential risks/issues to the team leader
- Managing the BAU process
- Managing access to our knowledge systems
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Home working and Agile working
Monday – Friday
9am – 5.30pm
Your professional experience
This role will need the following skills/qualifications:
- GCSE or equivalent in English/Maths - essential
- Experience of the core Microsoft Office packages – essential
- People management experience - essential
- Experience within a training role – desirable
- Knowledge of Active Directory - desirable
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Familiesand to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 148606