M&A and IR Lead, Commercial, Open to flexible working
3 days left
- Contract Type
HR Director - M&A and IR Lead – Pharma Commercial
GSK House, UK
We are a FTSE100 Science-Led Healthcare Company. We research, develop and manufacture a broad range of innovative medicines and vaccines. Our purpose will be to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
We are seeking an experienced Mergers & Acquisitions and IR Lead for the Commercial business to provide best in class service for all Business Development activity; mergers, acquisitions, divestments and maintaining good governance and risk management over change initiatives across the business.
The role is an HR key point of contact for Business Development Teams to streamline activity and requests into one single point of accountability. The role is the Commercial Representative on the Global Employee Relations Oversight Team (GEROT) and is therefore responsible for managing Industrial Relations related risks across the Commercial business with an enterprise mindset.
This role will provide you the opportunity to lead key activities to progress your career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Project manage the delivery of key strategic projects by running the HR workstream. Diagnose and/or deliver large scale, complex and global cultural change projects, e.g. workforce restructuring, acquisitions, divestments etc. . Ensuring we work with both rigour and pace through any deal, with HR activity on track.
- Represent the HR function / take the HR Leadership role in business forums / projects (e.g. global change projects). Central point of accountability as the first point of contact for central BD teams, streamlining activity requests.
- Effective risk management and oversight, through proactive co-ordination, communication and control, of Commercial restructuring and Business Development activity globally (major policy changes, multi country projects, org design or process changes, restructuring, closure, acquisition, outsourcing, merger, downsizing).
- Owns end to end management of any strategic HR project: support to BD teams during STP creation and due diligence, engagement with the HR Team and formation of a project team as required, supports with org design, owns implementation and consultation planning etc.
- Maintains control and governance over engagement with country HR teams to streamline requests and ensure appropriate engagement of in-market HR teams. Provides support to in-market teams, establishing a feedback loop of progress, issues and risks.
- Brings an understanding of employment laws and regulations governing employment and consultation requirements to work with countries to identify risks and uses problem solving mindset to mitigate them without delay to overall project timelines.
- Is the Commercial representative on the Global Employee Relations Oversight Team (GEROT):
- Informs GEROT about ER / IR risks associated with upcoming change
- Consults with the business around any identified “hot spots”
- Work with GEROT members to coordinate prioritisation when changes need to be adapted at a country level
- A point of counsel for Commercial HR Team and the business on employment regulation, consultation and all other BD activity. Through partnership across the HR team, the role builds M&A capabilities within the organisation to support future business requirements.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Undergraduate degree or professional certification in related discipline (e.g., Business, Psychology, Leadership, Management)
- Experience in M&A, Business Development or extensive organisational change is critical.
- Understanding of laws and regulations governing employment and consultation requirements.
- Knowledge of the Commercial business is desired but not essential.
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to employ a variety of approaches; agile, flexible and adaptable to situations.
- Proven ability to work well in a high pressure, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement and initiative in finding solutions
- Desire for excellence, striving for constant improvement and increased efficiency, with a proven track record of project delivery.
- Demonstrated excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills to influence across geographies in a matrixed environment. Experience of matrixed working and leveraging the HR model to deliver effectively
- Self-starter and natural drive to implement and see follow through on commitments.
- Data driven, using information to inform decisions and solve problems.
Our culture is at the heart of everything we do. We are ambitious for patients, accountable for impact and always do the right thing .
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.