Global Expert Marketing Director- GMD, Open to flexible working
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process. We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, , and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive Development and focus on what matters most to each of us.
As a modern employer, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively.
Global Expert Marketing Director - GMD
The role will ideally be based at Weybridge, but could also be based at other UK strategic locations on a case by case basis.
In this role you will:
Programme & Content Creation
- Develop new strategy, programmes and content delivery for GSK Consumer Healthcare corporate brand
- Create a new Digital Global Activation Channel & Framework for an ongoing content engine to deliver always on content for global and provide local activation guidance
- Work closely with Government Affairs and Communication Teams to deliver game changing programmes for Expert audiences
- Ability to manage and lead content generation for diverse teams across a complex portfolio
Partnerships & Associations
- Deliver strong relevant partnerships with External Associations (KEEs, CEOs, Policy Makers & External Faculty)
- Negotiate and challenge External Associations to ensure projects are mutually beneficial and support our strategic aims
- On-going strategic stakeholder management
- External representative and high-profile ambassador for the business in existing industry forums and networks
- Building and establishing the corporate brand proactively with GP, Pharmacist & Dentists Associations
A global role that spans both internal and external audiences in order to drive and maximise existing External Expert/ Healthcare Professional Association partnerships whilst proactively establishing new strategic partnerships and alliances that will further drive our corporate and category strategy and credentials within the industry.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to engage and strategically influence at the highest levels both internally and externally and inspire confidence and credibility in handling complex initiatives that span multiple categories and geographies.
This is a high-profile role, and the incumbent will be expected to represent the business externally often engaging with the most senior leaders in Expert Associations. The role therefore requires a high degree of stakeholder management, and the successful candidate will need be able to confidently influence in these situations, at times without in-depth knowledge of the subject matter and negotiate partnership contracts that are mutually beneficial and support our business strategy in driving Expert trust and recommendation across our Consumer Healthcare portfolio.
This leader will be responsible for developing new strategy, programmes and content delivery for GSK Consumer Healthcare and influencing Expert Associations policy and advocacy programmes at an international level, and with the WHO and Global Self Care Federation when appropriate. The role will demand a significant amount of focus on building and establishing the GSK Consumer Healthcare brand externally with our Expert audiences and in elevating the corporate brand presence and prominence with Industry Bodies, Associations & Partners globally.
CLOSING DATE for applications: 20th October 2021.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
Qualifications and skills:
- Relevant business degree, Professional marketing qualification or equivalent Brand building and content generation experience to include brand positioning and brand stewardship
- External brand communications experience and expertise essential
- Digital activation experience essential
- Policy and Government Affairs experience advantageous
- Proven track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and external healthcare professional partners
- Demonstrated the ability to lead complex projects with successful outcomes, within a matrix organisation
- Proven strategic influencing and negotiation skills
Preferred Qualifications and skills:
- MBA or related qualification preferred
- Motivated by our mission, passionate drive to want to improve health and lives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially the ability to engage, inspire and influence
- Highly developed strategic influencing and commercial skills and experience
- Ability to enable and drive change – resilience and tenacity
Why Consumer Healthcare?
In GSK Consumer Healthcare, we are on an incredible journey as we prepare to create a new, standalone, world leading company with a 100% single-minded focus on everyday health. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. With the COVID pandemic, people are increasingly looking for ways to manage their own health and wellbeing and to take care of their families. This is where we come in. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we are uniquely placed to deliver better everyday health to millions of people around the world and grow a strong, successful business. This is an opportunity to be part of something special.
We take pride in providing access to all and continually focus on our opportunity and obligation to do more to improve inclusion and diversity: for our people inside GSK; in the way we do business; and in the communities where we operate.
We want our company to be a place where diversity of people and thought is valued everywhere and where we’re all able to be ourselves and feel a sense of belonging. An inclusive organization where we all feel valued, engaged and supported, knowing that our work makes an important contribution to our mission. Reinforced by our clear values and expectations, it is part of our DNA.
Together we achieve extraordinary things for our patients and consumers, who rely on us each and every day.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.