Global Marketing Director (Zejula), Open to flexible working
6 days left
- Contract Type
Being part of Oncology at GSK is being part of something special. The focus of the organization couldn’t be clearer – we are fueled by a personal passion to give our patients and our customers MORE. More of ourselves, more to fight for and more moments that matter! Cancer continues to be a core area of intensive focus at GSK, and while much progress has been made in the past few years, more can be done to REDEFINE EXPECTATIONS in cancer care.
Are you an experienced commercial leader looking to be part of our innovative, dynamic, and growing Oncology franchise?
GSK is looking for a Global Marketing Director (GMD) to serve as the global commercial HCP and/or patient marketing lead, responsible for the development and implementation of key commercial strategies and initiatives for GSK’s transformational lead asset, Zejula. You will have direct supervisory accountability for the team cross-functional leadership responsibility to drive decision making and performance of the team involved in responsible for HCP and Patient marketing strategy and stakeholder related commercial initiatives (stakeholders include: diverse community and academic oncologists, nurse practitioners, infusion clinic support, office specialists, ophthalmologists and patients). You will be responsible for collaborating with multiple functional groups, including but not limited to Sales, Insight & Analytics, Multi-channel Marketing, Advocacy, Communications, Medical Affairs, and other critical functions at a global, regional and local operating company (LOC) level.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.
These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Lead the HCP and/or patient marketing efforts to support the launch performance of Zejula in the Oncology therapeutic area
- Act as the Marketing representative on the Medicine Commercialization Team (MCT) and chair the cross-functional Commercial Excellence sub-team
- Play a key leadership role in the development of the global commercial plan, including identification of key issues and opportunities, strategies and critical success factors, tactical initiatives, and advertising and promotional activity budget allocation
- Define and facilitate development of the HCP and/or patient strategy, including value story refinement, customer segmentation, brand positioning, message development, in-office support strategy, and value-added services – as well as tactics for implementation
- Partner cross-functionally in developing the HCP and/or patient strategy to ensure aligned objectives and implementation across all functions
- Manage advertising agency partner and other vendor relationships to ensure timely and proper execution of objectives
- Support the development and management of the commercial marketing budget, and evaluate commercial performance against budget to ensure a cost effective allocation of resources and appropriate management reporting Contribute to a culture of “One Team”, driving organizational continuity and alignment across local operating companies (LOCs) and the Oncology franchise in a rapid-paced and agile way
- We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or science
- Previous pharmaceutical experience to include roles in marketing or commercial operations
- Recent Oncology marketing experience
- Experience in a leadership role within a multi-functional commercial organization
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MBA and/or advance marketing or science degree or equivalent
- Global Marketing experience
- Well-versed in core marketing principles and able to conceptualize and articulate a vision for the brand that energizes our internal and external customers
- Track record and strong knowledge of market issues and opportunities, and developing / implementing successful and creative marketing campaigns
- Considerable knowledge of marketing products or services
- Incisive analytical and strategic skills
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills
- Experience in international marketing (non-U.S.) within a complex, global commercial pharmaceutical or biotechnology organization
- Launch experience in Oncology
- Oncology product commercialization experience
- Strong, team-oriented leader with excellent communication skills and the ability to influence, lead, negotiate and work effectively at all levels within a matrix environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills; track record of effective presentations, delivering cohesive messages to external and internal customers, including executive leadership
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and tangible experience in product positioning and messaging
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change. Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline. Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.