Lead Quality Engineer, Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Drives quality throughout the change lifecycle whilst continually challenging, motivating, mentoring and supporting their team. Sets the strategic direction & best practice for QE for the lab. Undertakes multiple types of testing of complex code to deliver products that are fit for purpose and meet the quality standards that our customers expect, based on deep domain and technical expertise. They will be an advocate for Quality Engineering, providing a voice to Quality Engineers within the team, identifying and supporting their teams in resolution of impediments and issues as well as continually developing themselves with industry best practice and tooling. In a leadership role with a passion for mentoring and coaching people in a "player-coach" model.
Lloyds Banking Group are transforming the way we do Engineering. We've created "LBG Labs" and we're building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business. This will help us create new, and improve existing, products and services to help us really make a difference to our customers.
Want to know more?
A Lab is a co-located team who work together on key projects to deliver value at pace by designing services that people find useful, easy and engaging to use. Typically, a Lab has a strong focus on complex problem solving in an agile environment where engineers are free to experiment and create innovative products which will transform the way our customers engage with us.
Our Insurance & Wealth (I&W) Labs are focused on improving support to our customers throughout their financial lives, with clear, straightforward customer journeys, helping empower them to make the right decisions on their long-term Saving, Investment & Retirement needs.
About the role:
We have exciting plans for 2021 and beyond, and we're looking for passionate and enthusiastic people to help us make our ideas a reality. Working in our Lab will give you the opportunity to work in a lively and collaborative team who are focused on delivering products that improve the experience for Lloyds Banking Group colleagues and customers!
As lead in Quality Engineering, you'll be responsible for defining the future of quality and leading the direction of testing across the lab. You'll be passionate about future tech and seeking opportunities to improve our digital technology stack, with opportunities to influence tooling and testing across the group.
Our vision is to inspire each other and collaborate to deliver creative and innovative solutions for our customers. We strive to be the best place where a diverse mix of hardworking people want to come, stay and most of all enjoy their work.
Here's where you'll make a difference:
- You'll work with senior colleagues across the engineering field to define and embed our automation strategy across the lab.
- You'll lead the definition of the lab test process, drive the design and delivery of an automation test framework around Continuous Integration using Behaviour Driven Development methods.
- You'll build our chapter, coach & mentor our growing, dedicated team, providing the leadership direction that will drive quality software solutions into production.
- You'll ensure that software is built in a way which is consistent with - and exploits where possible - the collective frameworks, patterns and industry innovations that exist across the wider Engineering community
- You'll continuously seek opportunities to improve the lab testing strategy and identify how we can streamline our testing process with new technologies and tooling.
- You'll build effective working relationships with other Lead Quality Engineers across the value stream to drive the quality approach and tooling across multiple labs.
- You'll contribute to the wider engineering community to knowledge share and influence testing across the value stream.
What we need from you:
- Experience leading and embedding Quality Transformation initiatives across multiple teams.
- Strong Quality Engineering background with deep technical expertise, including test automation, testing best practices and full-stack application infrastructure.
- Passion for leading and mentoring Quality Engineers within the team and driving a collaborative engineering culture.
- Good working knowledge of performance testing, accessibility testing, security testing, continuous integration tools and cloud technologies.
- Passionate about driving productivity with a focus on reducing risk within teams through an automation first approach.
- Strong stakeholder communication skills and an enthusiasm for advocating quality across Product & Engineering
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return? Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes:
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 15%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...