Finance /Accounts Assistant
Due to growth, a great opportunity has become available for a full or part time (minimum 28 hours/week), permanent Finance /Accounts Assistant to work within a proactive finance team in York. The main purpose of this position is to assist the Management Accountant in providing an effective accounts processing service for this education and training related organisation.
Using Sage, you will be working as a valued member of the team to maintain and develop an effective accounting system which will include the following:
* Processing sales orders/invoices/credits/receipts, including banking amounts received
* Processing purchase orders/invoices/expense claims/credits/payments, including cheque, BACS and credit card payments
* Administering petty cash receipts and payments, including control of petty cash floats
* Undertaking credit control
* Reconciliations of bank, petty cash, sales ledger and purchase ledger
* Processing of accounts journals, assisting in the preparation of grant funding claims
* Preparing and maintaining spreadsheet analyses
* Printing, photocopying and file management of financial information
* Dealing efficiently with internal/external accounts enquiries and information requests
The successful Finance / Accounts Assistant will have a mature approach to work and excellent attention to detail. Full ongoing support will be provided as well as professional development (e.g. AAT training) will be considered for the right individual.
You will ideally have had previous experience in a similar role with at least one years' experience within an accounts based position, be competent on Excel and have excellent all round IT and communication skills.
In return you will receive 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays) flexible working hours, a fabulous pension and great team environment.