Accounts Payable Clerk
Salary: Up to ??25,000 DOE (Full-time or part-time hours available)
We are looking for an enthusiastic Accounts Payable Clerk to join our small but busy team, playing a key role in supporting accounts payable activity within Endsleigh's Finance department.
The Accounts Payable Clerk main responsibility is accurate and timely delivery of reconciliations, and is a critical governance role that requires adherence to the Finance Handbook and Finance Procedures at all times. Some key accountabilities will include:
- Uploading of supplier invoices and credit notes
- Allocation of payments to invoices
- Performing payment runs and making ad-hoc payments when required
- Being the main point of contact for any invoice related queries
- Ensuring the reconciliation of supplier statements to the aged creditors
- Reconcile accruals to purchase invoices
The Accounts Assistant will have or be:
- Experience using Sage (desirable)
- A quick learner and be comfortable working with multiple systems
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Very strong numerical skills- you will also have a proven capability using Excel Spreadsheets.
- Accuracy and a high level of attention to detail, along with a tenacious attitude to see problems and queries to a close
- Strong customer service skills/ strong working relationships with the ability to challenge
- Educated to a minimum of 5 GCSEs, or equivalent, including Mathematics and English passes at Grade C / '4' or equivalent.
- Educated to a minimum of 2 A Levels at Grade C or above or equivalent.
- Industry recognised qualifications would be desirable
- Accounts receivables and/or payables experience in a medium to large organisation, ideally in the Financial Services industry
- Have a wide-ranging knowledge of accounting processes and transactions (preferred)
This is a great opportunity to be part of a transforming business and you will be rewarded by a highly social team culture and competitive salary. We will offer you a fantastic benefits package which includes a defined contribution pension scheme where Endsleigh will contribute 4% of your pensionable salary increasing to 8% at 5 years' service, and rising again to 12% in year 10.
You will start with 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 25 days after 2 years' service. We also offer all colleagues the ability to buy or sell holidays if they wish to, as well as giving you your Birthday off.
In addition to this we also offer:
- Life Insurance
- Access to a number of voluntary benefits
- Colleague discounts through Perkbox
- Totum student discount card via the NUS
- The opportunity to buy or sell additional holiday
- Access to our excellent facilities onsite including a gym and other sporting facilities.
Come and join us on our journey and become part of our Endsleigh community???
To apply directly for this exciting opportunity, please visit our careers site.