Finance Assistant - Part Time (20 hours) - 12 month FTC
We are currently assisting a central London based IT Services company in their search for a part time Finance Assistant for a 12-month maternity cover. The role is approx. 20 hours per week with a mixture of home and office working.
The Finance Assistant will assist in collating, preparing, producing and maintaining accurate and useful financial data for Head of Finance & Operations. They will also help to maintain the office and keep it running smoothly by liaising with all stakeholders including customers and external agencies, while reporting directly to the Head of Finance & Operations.
- Ensure all sales and purchase invoices are loaded on Xero
- Provide accurate data for management accounts (P&L, Balance Sheet)
- Provide accurate and useful ad hoc reports
- Assist in managing cash flow
- Produce and submit EC Sales List on a monthly basis and quarterly VAT Return
- Set up supplier payments to be authorized by HFO and taking full responsibility for Creditors This includes filling out credit applications forms, setting up the supplier account on Connectwise and Xero, dealing with supplier queries, verifying supplier bank details, resolving credit blocks, etc
- Set up new customer on Connectwise
- Assist with chasing payment for outstanding sales invoices, dealing with customer queries and resolving any invoices disputes
- Communicate with all Stakeholders to maintain or improve relations
- Assist with non-finance tasks such as purchasing, ordering office consumables and other operational tasks.
CANDIDATE PROFILE / REQUIREMENTS
- At least 1 to 2 years working in a similar role
- AAT qual or studying would be advantageous
- Strong understanding of double entry bookkeeping, ability to prepare journals and understand their impact on the P+L and Balance Sheet.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- High numeracy skills
HOURS & BENEFITS
Standard working hours are 09:00-18:00 Monday to Friday. This role will be for approx. 20 hours (flex) per week for a 12 month fixed term contract.
Benefits will include the following:
- 20 days holiday (pro-rated)
- Pension contribution
- Free lunch when in office
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Please note due to the high volume of applications we sometimes receive it is not always possible to contact every applicant. If you do not hear from us within 14 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion but please continue to apply to more jobs represented by EslingKenny.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career - see our website for contact details.
EslingKenny is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy. EslingKenny is a trading name of Abacus Recruitment Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with registration number