External Supply Network Change Project Manager, Open to flexible working
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us.
As a, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively
External Supply Network Change Project Manager
In this role you will…
- On time delivery of network change projects which may include the following: transfer of API or drug product between / to third parties, and / or integration or divestments
- Typically, the ENC PM will lead delivery of multiple projects in parallel of varying magnitude & complexity
- Monitoring the scope, cost, schedule, risk, quality & benefits agreed within the business case
- Be responsible for managing matrix teams to deliver each project
- Provide inputs and / or co-author business case development
- Be responsible for ensuring all key stakeholders/sponsors – typically Site Directors, Area VPs, Divisional SVPs – are kept informed of progress and issues by reporting through regular governance meetings
- To project manage a number of strategic external network change projects to deliver the desired business case objectives – normally measured by cost, benefits and time. More specifically responsibilities include:
- Establishing multi-site / multifunctional teams to execute significant ENC projects, such as product transfers, new product introductions and other special projects as required
- Planning and running joint planning sessions and subsequent team meetings and interventions
- Establishing then monitoring/ tracking project schedules and taking corrective actions as appropriate
- Running risk management processes and risk mitigation planning
- Chair steering teams with key stakeholders to highlight key risks, resolve issues and take key decisions
- Track project finances to ensure benefit delivery, taking action to mitigate deviations
- Report progress to steering teams, programme management offices and ENC senior management forums
- Lead project after action reviews to improve ENC processes
- Drive continuous improvement of project management awareness and skills in the wider ENC team
- To support the creation and improvement of project management processes and tools
- To ensure compliance with GSK policies and relevant SOPs and guidelines
- To exhibit GSK leadership essentials in all work carried out
- May have several projects running concurrently
- Manage projects in compliance with applicable GSK policies
- Project teams are a matrix from donor and receiving sites and functional support groups (regulatory, quality, logistics etc.) in different geographical locations. Cultural differences affecting local ways of working may need to be managed
- ENC projects often lead to conflicts of interests between sites and divisions – the ENC PM must steer the project (including sponsors and stakeholders) through the optimal solution for GSK as a whole
- Projects often present technical or scheduling challenges that may impact the benefit delivery – the PM must lead the team to find solutions to the challenges. Where solutions cannot be found, the PM must take Change Requests through Pharma Supply Chain governance for approval
It is a unique and pivotal role where you will be able to make a great impact to the GSK business. This opportunity provides broad exposure across varied product portfolio, sites and levels of the organisation.
This role will ideally be based in Poznan, Poland but there is also flexibility across all UK sites.
Basic Qualifications and Skills:
- Competent in project management
- Good understanding and ideally experience of end to end pharmaceutical supply chain operations and business processes
- Experience and competence in leading people by matrix approach
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Good understanding of stakeholder management
- Experience in managing project budgets
- Experience in risk management and mitigation
- Financial acumen
Preferred Qualification and Skills:
- Experience of managing capital investments
- BSc or MSc in pharmaceutical supply chain discipline or similar
- Microsoft Power BI
- Microsoft Project online
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Contract of employment
- Attractive reward package (annual bonus & awards for outstanding performance, recognition awards for additional achievements and engagement, holiday benefit)
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible counterparts
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Long term incentives
- Sports cards (Multisport)
- Possibilities of development within the role and company’s structure
- Personalized learning approach (mentoring, online training’ platforms: Pluralsight, Business Skills, Harvard Manage Mentor, Skillsoft and external training)
- Extensive support of work life balance (flexible working solutions, short Fridays option, health & well-being activities)
- Supportive community and integration events
- Modern office with creative rooms, fresh fruits everyday
- Free car and bike parking, locker rooms and showers.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.