Site Director Montrose, Open to flexible working
1 day left
- Contract Type
The GSK Pharmaceutical Supply Chain (PSC) is responsible for making and supplying our pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical products around the global. The PSC organisation is involved with every stage of production from the infrastructure of the manufacturing sites, supply forecasting, regulatory inspections and the quality of the product. In 2019 GSK produced around 2.3 billion packs of medicine. Our PSC network consists of 28 sites in 16 countries.
GSK's PSC is looking to a hire a new VP, Site Head Montrose who will lead all aspects of the Pharma Supply Chain (PSC) operations at Montrose. In the context of GSK’s transformation into a specialty focused pharmaceutical company, Montrose is key in supplying a large number of revenue critical APIs supporting our Respiratory/HIV and Specialty portfolio. The site has in recent years introduced several new products with potential for further investment in this area as GSK progresses its Future Ready ambitions. The raised profile of the Montrose site makes this a very important position within the wider Pharma Supply Chain network.
Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivering the Manufacturing and Supply objectives of the Montrose site, ensuring that all intermediate and API manufacture meets customer needs within agreed compliance, time and cost targets.
- Leadership of the Montrose Site Leadership Team, responsible for delivery against the GSK IPT (Innovation, Performance, Trust) Strategy and Business Plan, developing the strategic direction and vision of the site.
- Direct influence on the strategic direction and performance of the Primary and Established Products (PEP) Manufacturing organization via membership of the PEP Manufacturing Leadership Team.
- Responsible for the health, safety and well-being of all on the Montrose site and the protection of the environment in which we operate.
- Responsible for ensuring Quality Management Systems are in place and in use as well as drive the continuous improvement of Quality and Compliance at the Montrose site.
- Responsible for representing GSK in the local community.
- Develop future focused culture and capability on site to enable delivery of site strategy.
Proposals and Recommendations
- Proposal on strategy and direction of manufacturing and supply of GSK products.
- Proposal on Site Master Plan.
- Proposal on Cost.
- Proposal on Compliance/Governance.
- Proposal on People Management and Development.
- Proposal on GSK Production System (Continuous Improvement).
- Proposal on Communications.
- Alignment of product life cycle plan with PEP Strategy and Franchise.
- Capital Budget and Resource to maintain their capabilities and infrastructure in line with current and future operational requirements.
- Monitor/control costs according to sites’ agreed budgets and maintain an active continuous improvement programme.
- Ensure sites remain in compliance with Quality, Environmental, Health, Safety and Financial standards through operation of appropriate governance and a robust Risk Management framework to mitigate risks.
- Ensure Talent Programme, staff development and training provide pipeline of successors.
- Ensure adequate resources are trained to deliver Operational Excellence at all levels of the business.
- Ensure appropriate communication mechanisms to keep staff informed of business direction and progress.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum degree level qualification with business education qualification.
- Experience of working at more than one site.
- Experience of working in a central/strategic/global role.
- Minimum 10 years management experience within manufacturing and supply environment.
- Experience in manufacture of APIs.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Broad business understanding and experience.
- Technical background with experience of working in and/or leading a production team.
- Business Management qualification.
- Production System and Continuous Improvement.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.